Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoked out

Smoked out

Southern Oregon is on fire. The fires are probably about 60 miles away from me but there is no air. It's a thick haze of smoke, right in front of you, smelling of burning wood. The sun is barely visible and blood red. Air conditions are considered hazardous right now. Can't leave the house. Been days and will probably continue to be many more days.

So sorry, Tiam.

We went through this earlier this year and most of last summer....really awful.

Hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by puglogic View Post
    So sorry, Tiam.

We went through this earlier this year and most of last summer....really awful.

Hang in there.
    It's not unusual here, fires are an annual event. Plus I grew up in California. This one is probably the worst I've ever been in.

So very sorry Tiam. It must be very hard to live like this, without fresh air to breathe. Is there any chance you could get an air purifier for the house? We had bought one for different reasons and it really purifies the air. Hope this will be over soon for everyone's sake.

Hmmmm, hadn't thought of that.

Another example

I've heard air conditioners can help clean the air somewhat (provided they aren't just blowing in even more smoke). They did seem to work (but I may have had central air then). Although my first advise is always leave the area temporarily, but that assumes that's actually physically possible.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    I've heard air conditioners can help clean the air somewhat (provided they aren't just blowing in even more smoke). They did seem to work (but I may have had central air then). Although my first advise is always leave the area temporarily, but that assumes that's actually physically possible.

These fires can burn for weeks. Leaving isn't an option. The nearest escape would be to go to the coast. I imagine that campgrounds and motels are doing record business.

I am sorry for your loss, whoever discovers Tiam's body, since there is NO AIR. At least since there is NO AIR, there is no fire, as it requires oxygen.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    I am sorry for your loss, whoever discovers Tiam's body, since there is NO AIR. At least since there is NO AIR, there is no fire, as it requires oxygen.
    ???

Be safe Tiam.

Thread Information