Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoked out

i live in colorado, i remember when i lived in boulder in college it was like this, the whole valley filled with smoke and just settled. it all stank and was hard to breath. it didn't last as long as you are expecting however so that sounds really difficult. things like exercise when you were getting into the habit of it, dang it that stinks.

i was on my drive home late last night and i saw a cigarette thrown out of a car window, that has caused fires before here! it made me really aware that people don't know that. my kids all smoke and i have trained them to at least throw away anything in the car as much as i hate smoking overall

I can guarantee every air filter is sold out in town. Perhaps I'll buy one for the future when they are available again.

I can guarantee every air filter is sold out in town. Perhaps I'll buy one for the future when they are available again.
    sounds sensible. Be prepared! Also running A/C (whether or not it's needed for heat) will filter the outside air some, they've even recommended it when there's been smoke here. Like I've said the smoke at a certain point seems to begin to effect your very sanity, just the being unable to really fulfill the most basic biological function of BREATHING, just takes a heavy toll. Leave the area for a vacation for a few days is best (I took a sick day when there was smoke - not even a vacation just a day trip AWAY - people at work guessed it was really the smoke and that I wasn't really sick - well yes ... couldn't deny it - but it was as bad as any cold and several hours of breathing real air again helped).

Sorry it's burning again, when I say I"m glad to be in Cali comparatively .... uh ... The new normal, heck in a handbasket, we're all doomed really.
    Trees don't grow on money

We live in northern Nevada & have had this problem many times. 2 years ago I was stuck in the house for a month because of my asthma. We have been lucky this summer so far.

Hey Tiam,

So sorry you've been going through this all week, and with this intense heat as well.

The smoke just hit Ashland today and it looks like your photos. Bad stuff.

I'm leaving for Europe on Monday, so luckily will only have one more day of the smoke. I sure hope they get the fires under control soon.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

IMG2553jpg-2556048_p9.jpg 3 years later.

You really have it much worse than we do. I have moderate asthma so never out for more than a hour and some days not at all if it’s really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiam View Post
    This is what it looks like here.

You both have it much worse.

And to boot, it's going to be 108 today (104 officially at 245 pm...currently 109 on my patio.......sigh............not the records we need to break. Idaho is lucky. Our fires have been "small" compared to past years.

26 square miles----yes, that is small and currently the largest!

It's just flat icky outside the doors....thank you God I can afford AC!

Thread Information