Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Smoked out

It's so depressing. Our AQ this morning is 497. And it's chilly; you can't see the sun. I haven't seen it for days since I saw the red sun. It feels like when you wake up in the morning when you're camping. You know, it smells like campfire, and it's so cold, and there's really no warming up. Only camping is prettier. Nothing pretty here.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

That’s horrible Kay! Our air is 134. Can’t be outside either.

Our dogs are so frustrated, we are only letting them out to do their business and bringing them right back. The long haired one smells like an ash tray with less than a minute exposure. We have worn masks to get the paper and mail. Couldn't believe the letter carrier today. She came to the door and she isn't wearing any kind of mask and is driving in an open vehicle. I don't know how she is doing it. I think we are at 440 today.

167 today and bad enough. House just reached 69 degrees and it's 90 outside. Our attic fan is set to go on at 90 and it has not. Ambient temp has far less influence than direct sunlight!

Tiam,

I am watching the maps constantly.
    Sending virtual raindrops of concern to extinguish the blazes.
    Let's hope for Marine Air to scour out the smoke for everybody.

There may be some useful ideas for coping with the smoke at http://wasmoke.blogspot.com

Courage!

I have been since Thursday afternoon, and this is Monday evening, sealed in the house with the air filters running.

AQI outside has been ranging from 180-350. Here on an island 20 miles offshore, on the US/Canada border.

In the main room of my house, with everything sealed up, I can keep it at 40-50 AQI using box fans and MEV 13 furnace filters attached. In a smaller room (office, TV room, or bedroom) I can keep it at an AQI of < 10.

I haven't gone out except to water the garden, wearing a real N95 mask.

Gee, a mild 191 today. Grateful not be in Portland where it's down to 350!

Fires in the NE; hurricanes in the South. I guess I should stop kvetching about my daughter's wedding to-do list.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Fires in the NE; hurricanes in the South. I guess I should stop kvetching about my daughter's wedding to-do list.
    Speaking of which, how is the dress coming along? I am really looking forward to see the result of all your research and effort.

ETA: I felt badly when I looked at my post in light of all the challenges that you are facing with smoke and fire. No disrespect or disinterest intended as fire is one of the most difficult and traumatic issues to deal with.
    Last edited by razz; 9-16-20 at 1:56pm.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Only an Unhealthy 191 today---AND I actually saw the sun! It was pinkish-orange. I hadn't seen it in days.

I feel like a jerk complaining when I think about the firefighters, though.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Thread Information