Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Question about Amazon

Question about Amazon

Wow. I was going to order something from Amazon a few days ago, and waited until today to actually order it. The price went up $7.00 since then! It was in my cart, ready to go, and now I have to pay $7 more. Darn. That happen to anyone else? Seems like a big increase for 1 item.
    At least shipping is free.

I routinely put items in my Amazon cart and wait. Prices go up and down, and I watch them. I order things when the prices are down. The price on your item will probably go down again soon.

Oh well. I bought it for a birthday gift, so I needed it now. If I had bought it elsewhere though, it would have cost even more, plus I would have had to mail it myself. So I'm still happy. (Just $7.00 less happy).

I noticed prices go up and down, and also that items that qualify for free shipping qualify one day, then another don't qualify for free shipping, then another day, qualify again. And when they do qualify for free shipping, the price is always higher. There's no free lunch, the price with free shipping is usually about the same price for the item that you have to add shipping costs to. So I bet the item you bought just had the shipping rolled into it's increased price.
    Last edited by H-work; 3-3-11 at 12:35pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary View Post
    I routinely put items in my Amazon cart and wait. Prices go up and down, and I watch them. I order things when the prices are down. The price on your item will probably go down again soon.
    Personally I day trade books at Amazon. I monitor fluctuations throughout the day and buy when they hit a certain low limit. I've automatized this to the point where I have a program to put in limit orders on Amazon books. I'm kidding! But I think I may have just found a new profession

Really it never occurred to me to trade books at Amazon like A STOCK. I didn't realize prices changed that much. The only cost cutting measures I use when buying books is, of course, to buy used if they are significantly cheaper (if they aren't significantly cheaper you may just break even with shipping with all those sneaky super saver gimmicks and so on).
    Last edited by ApatheticNoMore; 3-3-11 at 12:35pm.

I had no idea that the price would change in a day. Have to look at this more seriously.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I'm pretty sure that even when the price was $7 lower, it had free shipping too. Oh well. I got them back. I had them include the free birthday card. I'm so tricky. haha

I've watched them go both up and down. An example was a heated matress pad that I put in my basket but was waiting for about a month when the weather got cooler. Sure enough when it did and the demand went up so did the pad.

I've purchased a lot through Amazon and yes, even though an item is in a saved cart, the price at check out is the current price - same, up or down from the price when put in the cart and saved. Prices change often so check often. I recently purchased a DVD series. I checked the same DVD series a few weeks later as it became more popular and the price had doubled. Some time back I bought an item at a certain price, the next time I wanted to make a purchase it was high so waited and it want way back down again.

I wonder if they offer a price adjustment for a certain period of time after you buy an item, like "real" stores do?

Thread Information