Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: neighbor and trees - again

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Well, we actually have had many discussions about this and other topics. This is a man who put the original resident, his mother, in a nursing home and then moved into her house. Because of this, I do not care for him nor do I have any desire to sit down and have coffee with him since all of our previous conversations have gone in circles. I just want him to live and let live like the rest of my neighbors do. I guess I will stop fixating on my crazy neighbor and go cut the limbs off. Something tells me though, he is already eyeballing other limbs to get upset about.
    Probably there's more to it, but on the face of it putting his mother in a nursing home and living in her house doesn't seem evil in itself. DHs mother spent the last ten years of her life in a nursing home because that was the care she needed. If she had had a house and we didn't we might have lived in it. My mother left me her house. It seems natural to me.

Some people just like the barren look! I'm actually having some disagreement with DH. For my permaculture class I had designed a "new" back yard, and while it's aspirational, and I don't expect to do everything in the design, I wanted to start implementing one or two ideas. DH has been ADAMANT against any changes that will break up our lawn, which pretty much nixes most of my permie innovations. I try to tell him that less lawn means less mowing, but he's not budging (like your neighbor DH also hired a weekly lawn service. Oh well.)
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I'm spoiled. My neighbors in the country come over and help us all the time, and vice versa. I drove by the farm the other day and one of them who works for Goodyear had replaced 3 of the 4 tires on my 16 food trailer because he noticed they were flat, no charge. The neighbor across the street noticed we didn't have a tractor and offered the use of his brand new Kubota any time we need it. Sometimes when I lag on mowing, I'll notice someone did the front easement area for us while they were doing theirs, and this is different people each time. Often we do the same for them.

Flash to our city home... our neighbor does nothing but complain, no matter how hard we try to appease. First it's my chicken tractor, then my antennae, then I'm parking in HIS spot on the city street in front of my house. Finally I told him I didn't want to hear from him any more. That if we violate some city code, he should just contact the authorities and complain.
    "There are too many books in the world to read in a single lifetime; you have to draw the line somewhere." --Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale

I'm so sorry about Mr. Grouch. In cases like this I have to keep repeating to myself "Consider the source, consider the source..."

Quote Originally Posted by The Storyteller View Post
    then I'm parking in HIS spot on the city street in front of my house
    One of my urban-living faves. Like people really get to choose exactly where they can/will park on any given day. Now, cars with no license plates and commercial trucks parked for days on end I would beef about. But I spent 2+ years living in an apartment with no off-street parking. I know you don't always get your choice of spots.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I really hate cottonwood trees and am always amazed at how most of their giant leaves end up in other people's yards. He needs to just suck it up with the crepe myrtle though, I would just avoid him at this point.

I would just avoid him at this point.
    Yep, that's our strategy. Yesterday, he had his whole house and yard sprayed with some chemical. Heave forbid he see a bug or a weed. I wanted to go over there and strangle him but I stifled myself.

This all reminds me of my favorite story about one of my friends. She and her partner regularly walked their large dog in their neighborhood. They are responsible owners, picking up after him, not letting him off-leash, respectful of properties. But there was this old guy who always came out and hollered at them to "keep that dog out of his yard!"

They just smiled and waved, but they did have an evil side:
    Before Christmas they waited until he wasn't home one day and took the dog over to his yard and photographed him in a Santa hat sitting at his patio table in one of his chairs. Then they had it printed on Christmas cards!

I don't think the guy ever knew, but the other neighbors got the joke!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    This all reminds me of my favorite story about one of my friends. She and her partner regularly walked their large dog in their neighborhood. They are responsible owners, picking up after him, not letting him off-leash, respectful of properties. But there was this old guy who always came out and hollered at them to "keep that dog out of his yard!"

They just smiled and waved, but they did have an evil side:
    Before Christmas they waited until he wasn't home one day and took the dog over to his yard and photographed him in a Santa hat sitting at his patio table in one of his chairs. Then they had it printed on Christmas cards!

I don't think the guy ever knew, but the other neighbors got the joke!

ROFLMAO! Pure evil genius! I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    This all reminds me of my favorite story about one of my friends.
    That's WAS funny if also passive-aggressive. But that said, I always enjoy a good F-YOU! story.

Thread Information