Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parts of states wanting to secede.....

rodeosweetheart
    Spartana, I don't want you to fall into the ocean! I would miss you--and I enjoy reading about your Cali lifestyle.

Maybe you inspired them. Yreka voted 4-1 in favor of secession.
    http://www.fresnobee.com/2013/09/04/...secession.html

If any area goes through with it, there are some interesting implications for the residents. Currencies may change. Expenses and incomes will change. Assets may be trapped on the other side of the border, and maybe debts too. So much for thirty year retirement planning.

At least we know that the flag can handle states splitting into parts.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Something interesting I thought of.....If Texas indeed did secede, would I want to flee there hoping to get it's citizenship and passport? Especially if Austin was not part of the deal? Nah.....I think I'd pass. Not putting down Texas or any Texans here, it just would not be a good fit for me is all. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by rodeosweetheart View Post
    Spartana, I don't want you to fall into the ocean! I would miss you--and I enjoy reading about your Cali lifestyle.
    Thanks! I hope we don't fall into the ocean either - unless maybe LA goes (I'm in "The OC" land of the rich (other than me :-)!) and beautiful (other then me :-)!). Most people in LA want to secede from OC and visa versa. That may divide up access to our most important assets. Not water of course but plastic surgeons :-)!

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I think it is agitators from Colorado....

I think they will calm down, and get the munchies as well.

I know it's mean spirited but I could do without a lot of the states in the SouthEast. I'm sure they feel the same way about the NorthWest.

Quote Originally Posted by CeciliaW View Post
    I know it's mean spirited but I could do without a lot of the states in the SouthEast. I'm sure they feel the same way about the NorthWest.
    I'd be pretty happy to see Cascadia arise:

http://cascadianow.org/

Ha ha ha, we had this discussion at a party this weekend. Good luck to "Northern Colorado" cause all the water agreements would be null and void. Good luck with that farming and fracking while the rest of the state throws up wind generators and sells pot! As for TX, they have never, ever forgotten they were once their own country. Nor will they ever forget. But if they do secede, can we call them Little Mexico? ;-). Because not much would irk a Texan more than being called 'little'!

Thread Information