Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: technology cocoons

Thinking about the slide shows, the very dear mother of a good friend from college has always been a bit needy emotionally. She and her husband were recently on a lengthy trip to europe where she was one of those people posting pics all day long about everywhere they had been. At some point she apparently did a massive photo dump onto flickr (I admit, I did not go check it out) and ended her facebook post about it with "...and maybe some of my family will even take the time to look at them..." I had to laugh because her personality just came screaming through in that post. She probably longs for the old days of slide shows before technology could save us all from them!

It's a funny thing. DH and I don't do any sort of "showing our pictures to people." we might take a few now and again anyway (we don't take many), and so when people say "oh, bring your pictures!" we bring 6-8. I figure that's enough for people to have made the attempt, and we are better story-tellers anyway.

I think more people should shorten the process. No one is interested in endless photographs of the same rock.

Gathering in our tiny living room to watch slides is one my my fondest childhood memories. It was perhaps the last time we were all together as a family unit - mom, dad, sibs and siamese cats with a big bowl of popcorn.

Like pinkytoe I used to love sitting with my family and looking at slides from our own vacation. Taking a lengthy look at pictures from someone else's vacation is a different story entirely.

Thread Information