Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ladies! Help me finds some pants!

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Tradd, I like the looks of those.

I also like them too. I bookmarked that page. We'll see when some extra money comes in, I will try out a pair. Are they fitting or relaxed.

They're more relaxed, at least on my plus sized body. They are very comfy and feel like I'm wearing my jammies to work. Hah! They are very presentable even in a business casual office with a twin set and nice shoes.

Land's End has something similar, but I didn't like them half as well as the LL Bean version. I gave the Land's End ones to a friend who was glad for warm winter pants.

Thanks Tradd, I need something comfortable at my size. These will fit the bill. Thanks!

Well, I haven't been having much luck with this one.
    I ordered the Starfish pants, and while I love the fabric and the way they make me look slimmer, they are a tad too long and the waistband has about an inch of "sag" in front. I called the company and they said they would shrink in the wash. They didn't. That could be a good thing, depending on whether or not you want them to shrink.

So then I ordered the Perfect Fit Pants from LL Bean. They fit alright--but I look tubby in them and I just feel unattractive. They are definitely going back.

I asked for advice on FB and got some responses that netted pants that are too much money and too "sporty" (quick-dry running-type pants--from a friend of mine who is kind of a 'lady jock'). I'm going to look at Woman Within now.

I absolutely hate shopping so I really hope I can find something online!

Edit: I don't like cords at all. I can't stand the way they rub together and make that sound!

Quote Originally Posted by Tussiemussies View Post
    Thanks Tradd, I need something comfortable at my size. These will fit the bill. Thanks!
    Tussies, did you end up ordering these pants?

Tussies, did you end up ordering these pants?
    Hi Tradd, not yet as I haven't been able to spend any money on myself for quite some time now. Hoping that DH will receive some cash in the next few weeks. First order -- hair cut!!! Those pants in black would be nice for Christmas or Thanksgiving with a pretty top! Thanks for checking in on me!

Have you bought anything else lately? Any other clothing tips?

Yep, although I pretty much only buy from Talbots now. Might be out of your price range.

Got a pair of jeans ($20 off, but they were still $90!) and three sweater sets, all from Talbots. Jeans for my trip to NOLA next month. They fit - wonderfully! Well worth the money. I needed the sweater sets badly as my most of winter tops were not work-worthy any longer. I can wear the jeans to work. A friend who lost weight gave me several pairs of pants last spring, so I'm set on the bottoms.

Yep, although I pretty much only buy from Talbots now. Might be out of your price range.

Got a pair of jeans ($20 off, but they were still $90!) and three sweater sets, all from Talbots. Jeans for my trip to NOLA next month. They fit - wonderfully! Well worth the money. I needed the sweater sets badly as my most of winter tops were not work-worthy any longer. I can wear the jeans to work. A friend who lost weight gave me several pairs of pants last spring, so I'm set on the bottoms.

Where is your trip to? Don't recognize the acronym...sounds like you got some great deals and filled up your wardrobe a little bit. Talbots has such great quality. I only go there to look at the clearance rack, it is a little too much for me to buy their regular priced items. So you are set on the bottoms, what else will you get for your tops?

Thread Information