Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad

Breaking Bad

Is like a Greek tragedy. Wow. There's a few shows I've watched from time to time that I've become all involved in. These last few episodes have had me sitting in my chair, hugging myself in anxiety, my mouth dropping open and wanting to scream. Everything you knew could happen, happens. Crazy stuff.

I love Breaking Bad. It's my favorite drama show of all time. I just love how it seems to be an in-depth analysis of the male ego, and the effects of power. All the characters are so well-rounded (not quite the word I'm looking for but I'm not awake yet) and fascinating, even if you dislike them, and the plotting is superb. I'll be so sad when it's all over.

With the possible exception of The Wire I think it is the best television drama ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestra View Post
    I love Breaking Bad. It's my favorite drama show of all time. I just love how it seems to be an in-depth analysis of the male ego, and the effects of power. All the characters are so well-rounded (not quite the word I'm looking for but I'm not awake yet) and fascinating, even if you dislike them, and the plotting is superb. I'll be so sad when it's all over.
    We love it. It will be so sad when it is over, too. It is the only TV show I wait for each week. Otherwise I usually just watch stuff on Netflix or my own DVD collection.

So how do you think it will end?

Walt will have a change of heart and save Jesse from the Nazis and go out with a blaze of glory with his M60 machinegun he bought in the opening episode of the season. Marie will adopt Holly, Walt Jr. will head off to college, and Skylar will spend the next 20 years in prison.

Saul will get his own show.
    "There are too many books in the world to read in a single lifetime; you have to draw the line somewhere." --Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale

Or, they will all make up, go for a family dinner at a local diner, Journey will play on the juke box, all will seem right with the world, and the screen will suddenly cut to black.
    "There are too many books in the world to read in a single lifetime; you have to draw the line somewhere." --Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale

Quote Originally Posted by The Storyteller View Post
    Walt will have a change of heart and save Jesse from the Nazis and go out with a blaze of glory with his M60 machinegun he bought in the opening episode of the season. Marie will adopt Holly, Walt Jr. will head off to college, and Skylar will spend the next 20 years in prison.

Saul will get his own show.
    Did Walt know the police were listening in? Did he really make the call just to set up Skylar? After all he kidnapped Holly. Who else was Skylar supposed to call for help, Saul?

Who is the ricin vial for?

Stay tuned!

I don't mind reading spoilers even though I stopped watching with Season 4. I'm waiting for the series to wrap up and then I'll get the dvds on my schedule and watch the end games in a multi-week marathon.

I've lately gone to this method of viewing for the shows for which I have great respect and love: waiting until the series is finished in order to experience the whole thing on my own time. Currently I am not watching Game of Thrones, Justified, and Breaking Bad. I might decide the same for Homeland, don't know--the first season was scary good.

I had to recently step away from Sons of Anarchy because it was too involving. I couldn't watch Opie's death. I love Opie, love him. Since that series has a named end, who knows, I may stop with it and pick it up again when all seasons are in the can and available on dvd.

Quote Originally Posted by try2bfrugal View Post
    Did Walt know the police were listening in? Did he really make the call just to set up Skylar? After all he kidnapped Holly. Who else was Skylar supposed to call for help, Saul?

Who is the ricin vial for?

Stay tuned!

I think we can assume Walt knew the police were there. After all he watched Walt Jr. call the police. I think he was 1. providing her an alibi and protection, and also having a bit of a break down and saying everything he ever felt.

Currently marathoning Breaking Bad. We are at the end of season two. This is one of the reasons why I love Netflix. Just finished season two of Homeland. Both of them are so tense they have given me vivid dreams after watching back to back. Geez, I thought Dexter was bad..........

Thread Information