Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad

I think it will turn out that just before the show started Walt finally got his fair share of the Gray Matter Technology billions and used some of the money to stage this elaborate ruse in order to finally teach Jesse some chemistry.

As someone I know once said - "Breaking BAD? More like Breaking GOOD." It's amazing.

Now we can bid on Walter White's underwear, the underwear he wore in the first episode of Breaking Bad.

http://tinyurl.com/lgg7jlk

It's sad that I am tempted. and there's lots of other stuff on the auction site from Breaking Bad.

On pins and needles waiting for the finale. Last week's episode left open so many possibilities.
    "There are too many books in the world to read in a single lifetime; you have to draw the line somewhere." --Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale

Quote Originally Posted by Weston View Post
    I think it will turn out that just before the show started Walt finally got his fair share of the Gray Matter Technology billions and used some of the money to stage this elaborate ruse in order to finally teach Jesse some chemistry.
    ha ha ha ha!

I was out ot town earlier in the week, staying at a place with cable. So I enjoyed off an on AMC's BB marathon, 61 episodes leading up to the finale.

All I can say is...

Wow.

And good call on the ricin thing, try2bfrugal.
    "There are too many books in the world to read in a single lifetime; you have to draw the line somewhere." --Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale

I didn't watch the show, but I'm encouraged by its success--maybe it will inspire more quality programming. And it had a positive economic effect on Albuquerque: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/29/bu...anted=all&_r=0

One of the actors -- I don't know which one -- is from Boise and he came to town a couple of weeks ago and there was a special screening of some-sort, and it was A Big Deal. I have never seen the program so don't know what all the fuss was about. I may be in the wrong age demographic for it to appeal to me ...

My wife works at a police station and sees the results of crime and drug abuse up close and personal on a daily basis. She couldn't handle the show any more about half way through the 4th season. Couldn't stand it. At all.

I finally convinced her to watch the last 4 episodes last night. She came away very satisfied with the conclusion.

Now, for it to satisfy both an avid fan like me, and someone like my wife who had come to hate the show, that's some good writing, directing, and acting.

I loved this ending. BB did something I haven't really seen television do before with an original script, meaning it wasn't a book or something first. They created a story that had a beginning, an arc and an end and created it for a television series. I find myself dwelling on this ending it and thinking about the characters the way I do when I finish a really good book. I'm thrilled with how it wrapped up. These actors, writers, directors, crew went out on the very top of their game. There is no souring, downward slopes. A brilliant story, well told and well played. Good job Breaking Bad, good job!

Thread Information