Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad

I just found this web surfing tonight. It is the Yelp review page for Los Pollos Hermanos. Some of the reviews are cute.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/los-pollos-hermanos-albuquerque

Quote Originally Posted by try2bfrugal View Post
    I just found this web surfing tonight. It is the Yelp review page for Los Pollos Hermanos. Some of the reviews are cute.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/los-pollos-hermanos-albuquerque
    Thanks for sharing that! funny.

With the show over I have resorted to reading fake Yelp reviews for my weekly fix Breaking Bad fix.

I hope the spin off with Saul is just as good.

Apparently, Anthony Hopkins thought it was a pretty good show, too.

Mister Cranston,

I've just finished a marathon of watching 'BREAKING BAD' – from episode one of the First Season – to the last eight episodes of the Sixth Season. A total of two weeks (addictive) viewing. I have never watched anything like it. Brilliant! Your performance as Walter White was the best acting I have seen – ever.

I know there is so much smoke blowing and sickening b****** in this business, and I've sort of lost belief in anything really. But this work of yours is spectacular – absolutely stunning. What is extraordinary, is the sheer power of everyone in the entire production. What was it? Five or six years in the making? How the producers (yourself being one of them), the writers, directors, cinematographers... every department – casting etc... managed to keep the discipline and control from beginning to the end is awesome.

From what started as a black comedy, descended into a labyrinth of blood, destruction and hell. It was like a great Jacobean, Shakespearian or Greek Tragedy.

If you ever get a chance to – would you pass on my admiration to everyone – Anna Gunn, Dean Norris, Aaron Paul, Betsy Brandt, RJ Mitte, Bob Odenkirk, Jonathan Banks, Steven Michael Quezada – everyone – everyone gave master classes of performance... The list is endless.

Thank you. That kind of work/artistry is rare, and when, once in a while, it occurs, as in this epic work, it restores confidence. You and all the cast are the best actors I've ever seen. That may sound like a good lung full of smoke blowing. But it is not. It's almost midnight out here in Malibu, and I felt compelled to write this email.

Congratulations and my deepest respect. You are truly a great, great actor.

Best regards,
    Tony Hopkins
    Source: http://www.theguardian.com/film/2013...bad-fan-letter
    "There are too many books in the world to read in a single lifetime; you have to draw the line somewhere." --Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale

I was thinking about starting a thread about Breaking Bad, and thankfully saw it had already been done. LOVE love love the note from Sir Anthony - it kind of validates my personal opinion that.....

.....this series is awesome. We missed it completely when it was on (as we miss everything current and "cool"), but I decided Santa should try us out with seasons 1 and 2 for a Christmas present - all the buzz, you know - and by gosh they were right! Truly awesome series.

We're mostly through season 3 now, and have 4 on tap. I still need to order (or join Netflix) for the last.

An amazingly well-done TV experience.

oh I am having huge problems right now! I can't stream any tv shows and I'm down to the last two episodes of Breaking Bad! My @!$%$^%^% new computer will not connect with streaming content. I have asked for the last disc from Netflix, but that won't come until next Tuesday. arrugh.

I. Hate. New. Computers.

Today Dh fixed two things that were not working. Now this is on his to-do list.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog Lin View Post
    I was thinking about starting a thread about Breaking Bad, and thankfully saw it had already been done. LOVE love love the note from Sir Anthony - it kind of validates my personal opinion that.....

.....this series is awesome. We missed it completely when it was on (as we miss everything current and "cool"), but I decided Santa should try us out with seasons 1 and 2 for a Christmas present - all the buzz, you know - and by gosh they were right! Truly awesome series.

We're mostly through season 3 now, and have 4 on tap. I still need to order (or join Netflix) for the last.

An amazingly well-done TV experience.
    What's your Library system? They may have it and by the time you get to Seasons 5.2 (the last one) perhaps there will be no holds.

Thanks iris lilies. I will check with the library. I've gotten out of the habit of using our library, and don't know how they handle - or what they have in the way of - CDs to check out.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    oh I am having huge problems right now! I can't stream any tv shows and I'm down to the last two episodes of Breaking Bad! My @!$%$^%^% new computer will not connect with streaming content. I have asked for the last disc from Netflix, but that won't come until next Tuesday. arrugh.

I. Hate. New. Computers.

Today Dh fixed two things that were not working. Now this is on his to-do list.

Oh! The misery! At work the IT installed a new OS. Ugh. Everything I think I know, doesn't work. It's so frustrating to have relearn everything all the time. That's why old analog technology was so comforting! Still, analog technology doesn't stream.

At some point in the last few months since the pandemic started I signed up for Netflix. I forget, exactly, why but I did.

DH and I had a nightly ritual of watching Bosch on Amazon Prime and now that we've worked our way through all six seasons, we are finally watching Breaking Bad since it's on the Netflix playlist but you have pay $9.99 per season to watch on Amazon Prime. I'm hoping the all the characters aren't as awful and unredeemable as they seem to be by episode three. Really, does any one of them have any redeeming virtues?

I haven't read this thread in its entirety (b/c spoilers) but just reminding folks about this in case anyone cares to revisit the show.
    Formerly known as Blithe Morning II

Thread Information