Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The American center?

As Iris pointed out, hot button liberal issues such as being pro-abortion don't swing someone taking the survey even to the middle (let alone the left) if other answers were more conservative. The authors obviously designed it that way. Results that speak of economic 'fairness' pretty much solidify where they're coming from. Being a Pick-Up Populist is ok with me. Sounds pretty red neck, but if the long bed, club cab fits... I'd be ok with a limousine libertarian branding, too. Pick-Up Libertarian is probably closest of all, but has no ring to it. Gotta market these things.
    "Back when I was a young boy all my aunts and uncles would poke me in the ribs at weddings saying your next! Your next! They stopped doing all that crap when I started doing it to them... at funerals!"

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    It doesn't seem that way to me, but that's just a gut feeling. The acceptance of the government as providing everything in our lives seems commonplace, and to me, that is not "right."
    One thing I think is interesting, living in the Romneycare state: Obamacare is a touch point for being labeled "liberal", but it's a model that was pushed by the right and opposed by the left not too many years ago in response to the Clinton healthcare plan. That didn't even just shift - it completely flipped sides.

Thread Information