Thread: Anyone interested in a monthly expenses/income reporting?

Anyone interested in a monthly expenses/income reporting?

I have half-heartedly gotten back into tracking, so I have several months worth of data now, but don't do much with it. Now I would like to save a certain amount over the next several months and wondering if anyone would like to go together on an ongoing or monthly reporting of expenses/income in relationship to personal goals. Anyone interested? If no one is, I may post it on a blog instead.
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

I have such a small income that I just pay the bills and hope for the best, trying to save a few of those discretionary dollars each month after I buy groceries.

However, I would be very interested in reading how other people manage their resources, and know that I would learn plenty.
    It is well, when judging a friend, to remember that he is judging you with the same godlike and superior impartiality. Arnold Bennett

Like Jilly, I have such a small income, as well as small out go, that I don't really track anymore - it comes in, I goes out :-) . But I have been wanted to do some tracking since I got this house to see what I spend on things like utilities, food, etc... so once I compile the numbers I'll post them here if anyone is interested. But be for warned - I am truelly a minimalist in many ways so for most people my numbers will seem very low.

Sounds good to me. This may be the kick I need.

Well, I'm an expert tracker and spreadsheeter (and word maker-upper ) but I don't really do goals. Any goals I set are easily obtainable. I just go along with where I am at any given moment. So I'd be happy to share my own numbers or look at anyone else's and provide support, but I'm not really looking for anyone to try to motivate me in return.

I've done it before and may do it again. Waiting for a housing issue (possibly avoiding foreclosure) to sort itself out first. I might even go through the entire program again, and blog about it along the way. Ah, but I am getting ahead of myself. Thanks for the inspirational reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestra View Post
    Well, I'm an expert tracker and spreadsheeter (and word maker-upper ) but I don't really do goals. Any goals I set are easily obtainable. I just go along with where I am at any given moment. So I'd be happy to share my own numbers or look at anyone else's and provide support, but I'm not really looking for anyone to try to motivate me in return.
    Ha ha - well I'm a pencil and paper kind of girl myself so will be boring and primative next to everyone else's fancy-shamancy spreadsheets but it gets the job done. Plus my household expenses are split with my sister as we own a house together so I guess for multi-people households we probably need to adjust for that. For example our electric bill is $25/month but my share - and thus my budget - is only half that amount so I'd list $12.50 for my electric.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartana View Post
    For example our electric bill is $25/month but my share - and thus my budget - is only half that amount so I'd list $12.50 for my electric.
    That's a very low electric bill, how do you manage that?

Thread Information