Thread: Anybody with experience converting a Word doc to Kindle format?

Anybody with experience converting a Word doc to Kindle format?

I've almost finished my book, Frugal Living for the 21st Century: Adventures in Using Your Money Wisely. I plan to self publish as a Kindle book. I've got some books on how to do that but I wonder if anyone here has actually done it and could share experience.

There are forums on Amazon - have you checked to see if there is one for help with this?

Been there. Done that, twice for myself. A few times for clients. (My Author Page on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0035XVXAA .) Got specific questions? By the way, getting the graphics and the cover right were the toughest parts.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrimbath View Post
    Been there. Done that, twice for myself. A few times for clients. (My Author Page on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0035XVXAA .) Got specific questions? By the way, getting the graphics and the cover right were the toughest parts.
    Thank you, I'll check it out.

Ohmygoodness. Hire someone! Seriously, I think of myself as somewhat computer literate (I spend hours interacting with my computer every day in my writing career) but I almost pulled my hair out trying to convert the Word doc.
    www.scaredEcat.com For readers and writers of frightening books.

What would it cost to hire someone, roughly?
    Thanks

I don't have much experience with Kindle, although I believe they use a couple of propriatary formats as well as the more open-sourced mobi format. If you'd be content with using mobi, try looking at the free program Calibre www.calibre-ebook.com .

Here's a tutorial for just how to do it. http://amalthia.mediawood.net/tutori...oks/index.html
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I think between $60-$100 is a good range, if there aren't any photos. If there are, the price would increase. Hope that helps!
    www.scaredEcat.com For readers and writers of frightening books.