Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What country are we moving to?

What country are we moving to?

Ok Rob has convinced me the USA is going down the toilet, so where do we move to?

I can get into Canada, last time I looked they want $400,000, but I can do that. But I don't like cold weather. So not for me.

Mexico, has warm weather, I'm pretty sure I can get in, but to much crime and corruption.

Panama looks good, need to look into it.

Costa Rico, I have a friend that owns a home there, says only problem is getting anything done.

Caribbean, nice to visit, not sure I would want to live there.

Monaco, not sure I could afford it.

Ireland, not sure of entry requirements, food is bad.

I really havn't looked to much on this, I'll probably just move to Texas. I'll just adapt to whatever happens here. I think I'll go buy some gold now. And bullets.

Irish food is bad? Who knew?

Yes, if you eat in some places... But like Scotland, they produce sublime beef, lamb and pork, amazing seafoods and wonderful, seasonal fruit and veg. They have amazing chefs, too and there has been something of a foodie revolution there in the past twentyfive or so years.

Personally, I have issues with some South American and Caribbean foods... Twice fried stuff and curried goat do not head my list of must have eats.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4164908.html

Ecuador is sounding interesting. I'd consider it after I get to travel the US first.

I don't like the idea of south of our borders. Not a warm weather person.

Bulgaria, that's the place. You get European sensibilities without the cost of Europe. We could still grow many of the things that I am used to growing, but I am unsure about lilies.

Quote Originally Posted by IshbelRobertson View Post
    Irish food is bad? Who knew?

Yes, if you eat in some places... But like Scotland, they produce sublime beef, lamb and pork, amazing seafoods and wonderful, seasonal fruit and veg. They have amazing chefs, too and there has been something of a foodie revolution there in the past twentyfive or so years.

Personally, I have issues with some South American and Caribbean foods... Twice fried stuff and curried goat do not head my list of must have eats.
    OK, it's back on the list. Not sure on their immigration policy.

If I were to decide to move, I would consider:

--Canada
    --Britain: England or Scotland. DH would definitely want to live in Scotland if we had to leave here, due to family ties, but the pubs might kill him. (and I mean that literally) And I do happen to love British cuisine
    --Ireland
    --France
    --Brazil: Now that I have new in-laws from there, might be worth a thought. Brazil is VERY up-and-coming and the people there are SO friendly. Plus it's so big there's bound to be something for everyone--kind of like the US
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Canada. I love Canada and Canadians. My MIL was Canadian and we have many relatives in Alberta. But if I had my pick, Vancouver, B.C. Oh my, or rather, eh.

My realistic top of the list is Canada. I'd only have to move a couple of miles, I know the area, the people are nice, I'd get good health care, and pay lower taxes.

My fantasy list is Iceland, Norway, Ireland, the Channel Islands, Scotland, Uruguay, New Zealand, and Texas.

Would someone please tell me who is spinning out this PR on "move to Texas?" It's getting awfully crowded here

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Would someone please tell me who is spinning out this PR on "move to Texas?" It's getting awfully crowded here
    Texas - no state income tax, reasonable-ish gun control laws, big hats, lots of cattle. Win.

Thread Information