Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: November Gratitude

Grateful to be alive to enjoy this magnificent world today.

I got out of the 4am thing. I got out of it by complaining a lot and afterwards was just dumbfounded that complaining actually worked, since I really only expected to get in trouble for it, but just didn't care much anymore. I was like "can't we automate it etc., doing so would be really easy blah blah", got a better idea from a coworker on how to automate it than the idea I had on how to do so and suggested that, etc. All perfectly logical suggestions but therefore certainly doomed to go nowhere. They were not implemented, of course (again too logical - waste QAs time just to Save Our Sleep!) but due to me continuing to pressure for an alternate solution, the 4am was moved to those who actually are paid to work the night shift. Not us . I may still be working past midnight and get up the next day at 7, it's not good, it will leave me tired and using some caffeine the next day, but it's *much* better than 4am which would truly *destroy* my sleep schedule.
    Trees don't grow on money

Windy and cold outside, can hear the trees blowing. I'm sitting next to blazing fire in woodstove cozy and warm. Did all my Thanksgiving food shopping yesterday so don't have to be anywhere today except for maybe a yoga class.

Grateful I'll have a couple of days off work this week to rest & regroup a little.....

Grateful to my neighbors for hosting the Thanksgiving potluck. It's so much more festive for the small families and single people on our block.

Grateful to have returned home safely last night. Went to Ty's jazz band concert an hour away from home. Came home and the steps and parking lot and cars all had a thin coat of ice. It was slow going and the roads did get better as we got closer to Lansing. But it was kind of nerve-wracking for a while there. So I am grateful for safe travel and for my DH driving so carefully.

Thread Information