Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Small house envy...

Small house envy...

I'm in love with this 540 sq. ft. home, green roof and all.

How can I get one of these?

Love the roof, the kitchen, the bed/seating area, the bookshelves, the loft, the bathroom (although I do have the same sink), the garden, etc. etc.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Lovely. I can see myself there, but not with kids, dog, spouse....just me. Okay, maybe they could come for dinner. Remarkable how little stuff is needed, though. The space is a good reminder.

Very cute. Thanks for posting the link. I would love to try living in a tiny house or cottage some day.

I could live in that! Love the kitchen area, and the bookshelves.
    I see a lot of small houses that only have one room; this one seems to make better use of the space. I'd love to see a floor plan of that.

I do see a good amount around that size, around. I wish they would have said something about that Fridge. Mine died a while back and being single I don't use a big one enough to justify it (would like something apartment sized, personally).

Nice!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    I do see a good amount around that size, around. I wish they would have said something about that Fridge. Mine died a while back and being single I don't use a big one enough to justify it (would like something apartment sized, personally).
    I spent quite a bit of time looking at apartment sized fridges for my cabin. That looks a lot like this Summit model - not exact, but close.
    Strangely, a lot of the apartment sized fridges use about as much energy as the full sized.

Oh sooo cute! I was just up in my old 'hood of Big Bear Lake, Ca and spent a few days just riding my bicycle around (and freezing my off as it was around 20 at night) looking at all the tiny cute little cabins and houses. Some as small as 200 sf! Perfect for Sven (the hunky ski instructor) and me! Don't want to live there again but it is a small house mecca. Also giant mansions too - often one right next to the other.

What a lovely home. As time goes by I have a harder and harder time figuring out why anyone wants much more than this (spatially, that is).
    "Back when I was a young boy all my aunts and uncles would poke me in the ribs at weddings saying your next! Your next! They stopped doing all that crap when I started doing it to them... at funerals!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    What a lovely home. As time goes by I have a harder and harder time figuring out why anyone wants much more than this (spatially, that is).
    Stages of life. Starting out this would be great and represent freedom, then you get to marriage/family and more space needed. Probably some hobbies when the kids are gone and your at an empty house. Then small again when you age.

Thread Information