Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amend the US Constitution - Will your state be involved?

Amend the US Constitution - Will your state be involved?

There's a movement afoot that just might excite you!

The link below points to an article to get you started. The article also contains useful links.

http://www.westernfreepress.com/2013...ion-of-states/

Consider getting involved! Thanks

I am not convinced that term limits will do anything more than increase the power of the puppet masters.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I am not convinced that term limits will do anything more than increase the power of the puppet masters.
    I've never liked that one, either. The people get someone who they like and works well for them? Too bad, they have to leave and you can't vote for them anymore - even as a write-in.

Quote Originally Posted by creaker View Post
    I've never liked that one, either. The people get someone who they like and works well for them? Too bad, they have to leave and you can't vote for them anymore - even as a write-in.
    +1

This project is NOT limited to a term-limit amendment. Think more generally - e.g. reducing the power of the federal government. Although a term-limit agreement might be a power limiter, so would a balanced-budget amendment or an amendment to limit federal taxation or an amendment that gets the feds out of the health insurance business.

Regarding the term-limit, I'd rather have randomly selected representatives every 4 or 6 years than the recurring mess that we have in DC under the current rules. An inexperienced but willing to learn citizen with her/his heart in the right place would be miles ahead of the present bunch. Think about it.

Those are the top two proposals they have listed on their effort' site. And I think the two proposals are foolish, so I'm uncertain why I would be supportive of them getting together to brew up other random ideas.

Bae - Are there amendments that you'd consider worthy of your time?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Afraid I must concur with that. Shameful, but true.
    "Back when I was a young boy all my aunts and uncles would poke me in the ribs at weddings saying your next! Your next! They stopped doing all that crap when I started doing it to them... at funerals!"

We have term limits. The ballot. The only amendment I'd consider is the Equal Rights Amendment.

Personally, rather than term limits I'd much rather have publicly funded elections. Get the big money out of elections and maybe the politicians would actually give some thought to what the voters want instead of what big corporate interests want.

Thread Information