Thread: Simplifying the Holiays--a Pledge

Simplifying the Holiays--a Pledge

You may already be familiar with this but I wanted to share in case anyone missed it: The New American Dream organization has a great pledge for simplifying the holidays which you can find here. Love that site! What are some of your plans for simplifying the holidays this year? Or have you tried something in the past that had surprising results?
    www.scaredEcat.com For readers and writers of frightening books.

Our holidays are simple already. We get together, have food, play games, have more food, laugh at the boys, like that. Very casual. Even on special occasions, we do not go for very fancy food.

Gifts are some one thing that the little ones would like from me, usually some kind of science or art stuff. I give my daughter and son-in-law something to do together, several weekends of watching the boys so they can have adult time. For my friends and the people in group I make ornaments or soap or bread or something.

I will have to take a look at your link. I bet that I will find some good ideas there since you like it so much.

I do not decorate anymore, but I still have my fake tree in case I am stuck by a blitzkrieging holiday faerie.
    It is well, when judging a friend, to remember that he is judging you with the same godlike and superior impartiality. Arnold Bennett

Thread Information