Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Love languages

The Love languages

I wonder if people who identify with SL values tend to not be Language of Love=presents people?

I just dread this upcoming holiday wher eI know I will receive at least a dozen pieces 'o crap that will have to go straight to Goodwill or to the dumpster. Not from DH--he is very sensible about presents and that is one reason why we are compatible--neither of us like stuff as love language. This year I asked for a pair of leather gloves, that's all I want. And I know that he will get them.

What is your Love Language? I think that we are Acts of Service, DH and I. The 5 are

Gifts
    Quality time
    Words of affirmation
    Acts of Service
    Physical Touch

I think ours is Quality Time, although I'm easily swayed by Physical Touch. Don't judge me!!
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I had to research what "love languages" was all about and did the quiz at http://www.polyu.edu.hk/sao/publicat...0language2.pdf
    Quality time is definitely my language as the quiz results indicated.

Yeah, Alan.

Think mine are all five! LOL!

Mine is gifts of service. My DH's is touch. We have a lot of fun together....��

Neither of us are gifts people. We tend to get each other small items to support our hobbies or consumables.

I came out high on Words of Affirmation and Quality Time. Low on Receiving Gifts and VERY low on physical touch. (Gee, I generally like hugs, but I guess I don't see "I love you" in them) Interesting quiz! I'm going to see if any of my kids want to play while they're down here. If we all come out low on Receiving Gifts, that will be good ammunition for cutting back on our typical Christmas gift frenzy.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Gifts of Service here. We won't talk about where the others ranked...
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I love it when DH DOES stuff for me. Like--he is an excellent Finder. When I can't find my glasses, he will help me look and he will find them. When we go to antique stores I will tell him what I'm looking for and he goes off and finds it. Once in a while he will find the pets when they are missing, although I am really better at that, even when I'm in panic mode because one of them is missing. Sometimes the DOING results in a handmade practical gift and that's fine because it is something I need. I always think that anyone can go to the mall and buy crap, there is nothing special about that, but DH can build stuff to custom specs that will fill a need at our house and that is more of an Act of Service than a Gift in the Love Language list.

Thread Information