Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: December Gratitude

December Gratitude

December already!

I was thankful today to receive this daily missive from tut.com :

You just never know who in the crowd, standing beside you in line or passing you in the street, might be raised in spirit, or even lifted from despair, by the kindness in your glance or the comfort of your smile.

But they may never forget.

Supersize me,
    The Universe
    I am a person who, early on in life, rarely received any sort of kindness. Just a few kind words at the right time literally made the difference between me surviving, and not surviving that life. SO grateful to those people who took the time.

Grateful for a few moments free to peruse these boards, and also profoundly grateful for the work that comes my way.

So grateful for my wonderful dentist. His gentle, calm manner makes all the difference to me. I've had 2 crowns replaced with nary a twinge.

Grateful for a full belly, warm house, soft bed, good book.

Quote Originally Posted by puglogic View Post
    I am a person who, early on in life, rarely received any sort of kindness. Just a few kind words at the right time literally made the difference between me surviving, and not surviving that life. SO grateful to those people who took the time.
    I'm really sorry about that. It makes one think how important a caring act can be.

I suppose the gift in that, gardenarian, is that I turned out to be very sensitive to the effect my words have on others, good and bad. Sometimes I know that the smile I give the mail-lady or the thank-you I give to the bus driver may be the only ones they get all day or all week.

I took a bracing walk on my work break today, and am very grateful for our beautiful campus and the gorgeous views out over the Pacific.

[IMG][/IMG]

That's a gorgeous view, Gardenarian!

Similarly, I drove around running errands today and was grateful for the natural beauty around me: starch-white mountains in the distance, clear blue skies, deep forests, and sunlight dancing on the lake. What a gift just to live here.

Someone sent this short movie to me recently on gratitude and it brought me to tears in many spots. (It's about 10 minutes long)
    I have it saved on my computer for the 'rainy days'. At around the 4:50 and on it really got to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...kyuQ&vq=medium

Puglogic - I agree, small kindnesses go a long way and we really don't have any clue what all we are putting into play in the Universe with our choices & actions.

Gardarian - your photo literally made me go, 'Ahhh' out loud - how wonderful!

I'm very grateful to be at the beginning of trudging through some things that have been festering for many, many years and to have a Good Orderly Direction in which to do it.
    I've had some meaningful things happen to me recently that are sparking action.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnlaurel View Post
    I have it saved on my computer for the 'rainy days'. At around the 4:50 and on it really got to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...kyuQ&vq=medium
    Oh my gosh, mtnlaurel, that was so beautiful (or "beautifuller" as the little girl said ) Thank you so much.

Thread Information