Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you put up an Xmas tree?

Have you put up an Xmas tree?

I set up our Xmas tree last night - early, as I have to get everything done before surgery on Thursday.
    Looks real pretty though!
    And I have a big red velvet ribbon on the door, and mistletoe and ivy hanging.
    That will be it for the decorations this year.

Not yet ... will this weekend. Our trees are always very simple in that we don't have fancy store-bought ornaments. Oh yeah, a few colored balls (old) and lights for color. But mostly natural things, like pine cones, etc. plus ornaments we and the kids made many years ago (they're both in their 40s now). Some are so hokey they're almost embarrassing, but it wouldn't be Christmas without them. Our trees can't compare to the absolutely beautiful trees some of our friends have, but that's OK with us. We're boring, I guess.

Will put it up tomorrow after vacuuming the living room. It is a porch-size, prelit tree that works well and handles the decorations that have accumulated over the years.

I still need to go buy a tree which is always hard to do because I was raised on a Christmas tree farm and there are no local cut your own places within an hours drive.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I put up my little 3 ft. tall pre lit tree. I keep it in the attic and just need to put an angel on top. Probably no ornaments again this year...I hate to put them away. I put red bows on the porch rails and that's it for me and some candles.

The only decor I will have this year is the tree - no outdoor stuff, no lights on the house, no kitchy towel sets in the bathroom, no centerpieces or knick knacks. I wanted simple, and that's what I have....I have my Christmas tree up and decorated. It is an artificial one, so when I saw one of those scented room freshener things with spruce scent I had to have it... yummy!

Er...no!

Got the stuff out of the attic yesterday evening, but that's as far as I've gotten. Maybe tomorrow.....

I always put up my decorations the weekend after Thanksgiving. When my kids were small I used to decorate the whole house-even the bathroom. Now that we are emptynesters I have a 4 ft tree and do a few other decorations. The rest I gave to the thrift store. Also after decades of using the same things I bought a few new items this year. I love the way it makes the house feel once it is done.

We also have a four foot tree. I like it because it isn't huge, but it's big enough to be pretty. We just clear off a site table and set it up. We resisted an offer from a family member for a bigger fake tree this year that they were trading out for a prelit tree (which, since my MiL left the lights on from last year, was essentially what this tree was that they were getting rid of . . . but whatevs). DH enjoys decorating more than I do but it's fun.
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

Thread Information