Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: You'll Shoot Your Eye Out !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I've never seen it.

I am against the grain here and think your lucky. I hate it.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Storyteller View Post
    My top four Christmas movies in order are...

It's a Wonderful Life
    A Christmas Story
    Love, Actually
    Miracle on 34th Street

It just barely beats Love and Miracle, almost neck and neck, but it's definitely up there.

Number 1 is Wonderful by a mile.
    It may be a bit sappy but I love love love It's a Wonderful Life. Especially the implications that one decent person can have such a positive effect on so many others. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    It may be a bit sappy but I love love love It's a Wonderful Life. Especially the implications that one decent person can have such a positive effect on so many others. Rob
    I agree.. and it also conveys that sometimes we don't know the impact we do have.. but as long as we follow what's right and true, we're good to go. I think "follow your bliss" is fine and good, but sometimes it's misleading.. and makes us feel that unless we are happy 100% of the time, we should be out looking for some other path to satisfy our narcissistic desires. I personally believe in a path of service to others--which of course is exactly what George Bailey did with his life--giving up his "bliss" to do what he was called by God to do. (You can take out the "by God" part if you want, but that's how I see it).
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Often with Christmas Story, it is fine to have it play in the background while we are decorating or wrapping. So, while we watch it every year, it is hit and miss watching. Not so It's a Wonderful Life. That's a have to sit down and watch it movie for me. Always on a cold night, snuggled under a blanket with my beloved on the couch.
    "There are too many books in the world to read in a single lifetime; you have to draw the line somewhere." --Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale

I've never seen it either. I have seen it's a wonderful life (and the beavis and butthead version ), and miracle on 34th street, that's about it.
    Trees don't grow on money

I was a big Jean Shepherd fan back in my teen years, when he was on WOR in New York every weeknight at 11 PM. His show consisted entirely of him talking for nearly an hour and was never boring.

Many of the stories that became part of A Christmas Story premiered on his radio show, along with many other tales of Shepherd's childhood in northern Indiana.

There's an archive of his old shows at the link below.

http://archive.org/search.php?query=creator%3A%22Jean%20Shepherd%22

Well we watched the movie today, and I have to agree that it was great fun. I'm glad I got a chance to see it, although I don't think I'll feel compelled to watch it multiple times!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Well we watched the movie today, and I have to agree that it was great fun. I'm glad I got a chance to see it, although I don't think I'll feel compelled to watch it multiple times!
    I am so glad you were able to see if and for free to boot

Thread Information