Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outside door mat advice

Both of those from American Floor Mats look excellent! Thanks so much for the links - I'll explore the choices with dh.

I have those same American floor mats - woven tire at both front door and back door. Both porches are covered so there isn't any rain getting on them, but we're rural and muddy and I've got chickens that free-range so I needed something that I could hose off easily and throw back down. LOVE THEM! I've probably had mine 15 years. I also keep mats I've crocheted out of old t-shirts right inside the doors and most of us do take off the shoes or switch to our 'indoor shoes'. I hate the pile of shoes by the doors but we don't want to track anything on the wood or carpets.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Thanks for the good review, Float on! Hardly anything lasts 15 years anymore - sounds like a good investment.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    We bought a water hog for two doors about 15 years ago. I have noticed a huge difference in the amount of mess dragged in. They vacuum well and supposedly can be washed with a hose. LLBean, LandsEnd and Vermont Country Store have them. They aren't cheap, but last forever. The inside ones have a lip to hold water, exterior have no lip so the water drains off. I haven't used an exterior one.
    That's nice to hear - I got this as a Christmas present, so far I like it, it's an interior/exterior one I have outside: http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/76924...ductId=1274490 - and made in USA

So, Gardenarian... did you buy mats? If so, what did you decide on?

Thanks, y'all! I just sent our old one out with the trash yesterday, and have been pondering a replacement. Very helpful reviews here.

We're going to get the tire style - haven't ordered yet. (I'm always slow to spend money - got to ponder on it a while :-)
    I just use an inexpensive mat with a non-slip back indoors - I prefer the kind I can throw in the wash.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

Thread Information