Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on my Medicaid

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Update on my Medicaid

Today I came home and checked my mail and found a letter from Arizona DES in regards to my Medicaid. It was a denial. I can't say how I felt but it was like the rug was pulled out from underneath me and I felt as if it had finally happened, that I had lost all faith in America and while I remained here I would be in a slightly zombie state going though the motions (though I kind of am already, truth be told).

Then I read the rest of the letter. Though I am very low on faith I do see a little hope. The letter went on to state that under the previous law I was ineliglibe but under the law starting 01/01/2014, the law will be changing and they will (supposedly) be rescreening folks under the new law. I feel a little hope but absolutely no trust and I guess I can relate to those who had their policies cancelled - it must feel something like this - little faith, little hope but no trust whatsoever.

I can't read the future but personally I don't believe I'll be getting the Medicare card - I don' t have enough hope for faith left to buy that, but we'll see. Rob

What was the reason for the denial?

Rob, I am so sorry! Can you appeal the denial?

Perhaps you are not lying sufficiently.

My friend with the $400,000 paid for house in Mexico is using a California address to qualify for Medicaid. He did get his card, I asked him specifically. He no more lives in California than I do. Do you know anyone in CA to use their address?

Quote Originally Posted by Simply Divine View Post
    What was the reason for the denial?
    What I am gathering is that Arizona DES ran my application through on the criteria for approval before expanded Medicaid started in this state. It does state on the back of the letter that my application will be put through based on the new criteria without my having to do anything - but I am going to request a hearing anyway as I have lost the ability to have faith in the government at this point. What really chaps me is that I qualify for Medicaid and don't get it - then I will owe $95 to the government for Tax Year 2014. This is beyond insane to me. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Perhaps you are not lying sufficiently.

My friend with the $400,000 paid for house in Mexico is using a California address to qualify for Medicaid. He did get his card, I asked him specifically. He no more lives in California than I do. Do you know anyone in CA to use their address?
    I went over the qualifications with a fine tooth comb Iris. I qualify based on the guidelines for expanded Medicaid in Arizona. I'm not going to lie and use someone else's address, better that I find a way out of America. This is more than I am willing to deal with. Rob If anyone now asks me How's that Hope and Change working for ya? I don't think I'd give my usual answer rothfl. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Florence View Post
    Rob, I am so sorry! Can you appeal the denial?
    Yes, I can appeal and will place the paperwork for the appeal in tomorrow's mail. This is one thing I can do I suppose. Rob PS Thanks for your kind words, Florence.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    What I am gathering is that Arizona DES ran my application through on the criteria for approval before expanded Medicaid started in this state. It does state on the back of the letter that my application will be put through based on the new criteria without my having to do anything - but I am going to request a hearing anyway as I have lost the ability to have faith in the government at this point. What really chaps me is that I qualify for Medicaid and don't get it - then I will owe $95 to the government for Tax Year 2014. This is beyond insane to me. Rob
    I am sorry this happened to you, Rob. It's definitely insane, although I'm thinking it's 50-50 whether it's incompetence or standard process to deny people and force them to re-apply just to make sure they're serious.

So sorry that you are having to go through this Rob....chris

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    ....better that I find a way out of America. This is more than I am willing to deal with....
    Rob, I'm sorry if you've explained this previously and I simply missed it, but I've never understood why leaving the country is preferable to purchasing your own health insurance.
    You seem to have the means and ability to support yourself, the federal government has decreed that it will redistribute your neighbors assets in the form of subsidies which should make your personal liability for coverage quite low, and you have told us that you own your own home in Arizona. Doesn't it make sense to just pay the premiums and be happy?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information