Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Selling house, Quitting Jobs, Simplifying and Moving to Rural Vermont

It looks gorgeous!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kally View Post
    This is where we ended up. Isn't it pretty? Most of you won't have heard of this little town on the west coast of Canada.

http://www.hellobc.com/powell-river.aspx

Thanks Terry. We also do still go out to eat..although not to fancy places. Vacations may wait for a bit. You remind me that although we are calling it simplification...perhaps it is better to think of it as a "free life."

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    WE are living on half of what we did when working. We still go out to eat 1x/week, take a big trip 1x/year & some small weekend ones. Some years we go to Europe for 2 weeks & some like this year we will slow travel in our used motorhome for 5 weeks. Glad to hear the updates & that things are going well. I moved here 18 years ago & this is the nicest place I have lived so we are staying put.

Wow. Not sure if anyone is following our old thread. Has it really been over 4 years since we made our life changes? We are still on our path and just recently started a new business, a real estate auction company! www.upcountryauctions.com. Over 4 years later, we totally made the right decision and do not regret it! There has been some stress..but mostly with caring for my Mom who now has Alzheimers and a little with the launch of our new business but all is good! Our income is still a fraction of what it was but life is good!

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I'm jealous! I just got back from visiting my kids who live in Vermont (they fell in love with it after we spent many years vacationing there as a family). They were giving DH and us the hard sell on getting rid of our house here in NJ and moving up near them.. I have to admit, I am very, very tempted.

Looking forward to hearing your experiences!
    Congratulations on your new business! And thanks for the update! I'm particularly excited to hear because we wound up buying a small house in the Champlain Islands in January 2018 and stayed all summer, and absolutely love it. We found the Vermont community to be exactly as you described. We are now working on Phase 2: getting rid of crap in NJ and downsizing. I love my minimal home up here, and it's great to be near 3 of my kids.

I was almost up in Northeast Kingdom on Saturday--I'm a huge Stephen Huneck fan and Dog Mountain was having their annual fall party, but it didn't work out. Maybe next spring will work out better.

Thanks for your update!!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Great update! I am also working more seeing clients and I love it. It’s nice to have the freedom to work or not and do it on your own terms. The last 4 years we have been traveling more and also going to more events, etc. Glad your move worked out so well.

MMMMmmm! Powell River.

Wishing you beaucoup de wild flowers and some sunny days!

Thread Information