Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brrrrr! Check in with your weather!!

65 degrees in San Francisco. We are all doing the rain dance, though.

Right now in Ypsilanti/Ann Arbor, Mi it is 3 degrees and -15 with the wind chill. When I went to work this morning at 5:45am the wind chill was about -35 degrees. There is about 2 feet of snow on the ground in my yard with deeper drifts in places. I have to admit it is kind of pretty when you are on the inside looking out; not much fun having to shovel out my parking spot every few days. And the deep freeze is killing the grocery business. It has been quite slow at work in an already slow part of the year...They keep closing the local schools; today they closed the University of Michigan for the first time since 1978 (I remember THAT storm, as I was in high school at the time).

I really feel bad for the small business people. Several of our favorite spots have closed for days at a time since there are no customers or no heat, etc.

The NWS moved the projected frontal boundary on LEON. Now we are supposedly in the snow zone. We will see. All the projected big storm smacks this winter missed us, except for the cold.
    Mrs. Hermit

It's 9 degrees F here in PA this evening.

Here in Surf City USA it's a bit stormy with big waves and we are even having a cold snap - it was only 70 degrees today! Even my dog "The Barkinator" refuses to go surfing. Only the mightiest and bravest surf dogs are out there today:

Of course the crazy bulldogs are out there no matter what:

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Don't hate me anyone lol....checking in from Phoenix, Arizona, mid to upper 70's and pushing the 80's on Thursday but the long term forecast is calling for a cool down to the mid to upper 60's. Check with me in six months when it's atrocious here - our wonderful Winters and Springs and Falls are the payoff for dealing with Summer here. Rob

Simpler at Fifty
    -24 wind chill this morning and 12 above by 3 pm in WI. 21 above predicted by the weekend. That is shorts wearin' weather.

Moderated somewhat this week here in Nebraska. Still lots of wind, but not swinging from 55* to -15* in a single day. Thankfully. Supposed to snow tomorrow. Its been a dry winter so that will help and no one will complain, but I'm not sure its exactly welcomed. Spring, OTOH, will be welcomed!
    "Back when I was a young boy all my aunts and uncles would poke me in the ribs at weddings saying your next! Your next! They stopped doing all that crap when I started doing it to them... at funerals!"

It got up to 27 F today! The ice was melting on the driveway, at least where it got the direct sun! WooHoo!

It seems the single digit temps have left us, and we are back to a much more normal high 20s, low 30s for the day time for the next several days. The oil bill will be grateful.

I like winter, much more than summer. The cold seems to wake me up. But this winter has been so cold and so snowy and so overcast All The Time (and New Hampshire has not seen the worst weather in the US this winter) that I announced this week that I am so done with winter. And it isn't really half over yet. Oh, dear.

Thread Information