Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 新年快乐 Happy New Year!

新年快乐 Happy New Year!

The fireworks have started in SE Seattle! Happy year of the Horse!

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Hmmm.....I wonder if this is going to be a stellar year for me based on this being the year of the Horse? I was born in 1966, not only am I a horse but I'm also a Fire Horse.....Rob

I thought the city shut those fireworks down. No matter, Happy New Year to all!

Gung Hay Fat Choy!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I thought the city shut those fireworks down. No matter, Happy New Year to all!
    There is no way the city could ever silence Chinese New Year! I anticipate not getting much sleep this weekend.

Happy Tet to you all! I live in the largest Vietnamese community in the world outside of Vietnam and we always have a HUGE Tet (Vietnamese New Year) festival. Parade tomorrow morning and festivities all week long! I actually just put my house up for sale, with an open house this weekend, because there are so many out of town Vietnamese-Americans visiting the area that I thought I might be able to entice one of them to buy my house ;-)! Especially those visiting from the frozen mid-west!

And the Barkinator (my yappy little dog) is loving all the fireworks and firecrackers and running amok all day and night in the backyard...barking of course :-)!

"Say hay boke-mahn he pah du say oh".... or Happy Seol-Nal or Sol-nal in Korea! We were supposed to go out to dinner tonight to celebrate but it seems wrestling takes presidence... LOL.

Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year!!!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Hmmm.....I wonder if this is going to be a stellar year for me based on this being the year of the Horse? I was born in 1966, not only am I a horse but I'm also a Fire Horse.....Rob
    Rob, my Chinese sign is a horse also. I think this is going to be a great year!

Happy New Year!
    How did you get the Chinese characters? Very cool.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

We made longevity noodles and I got some plum wine to be a little festive! But not many Asians around here so no fireworks, thankfully, since one of our dogs *hates* them. Also it was snowing and fairly chilly so nobody would have wanted to be out watching them anyway.

Thread Information