Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: February 2014 Frugals

Feb24/14
    --fancy dinner for Dsil birthday bought on a Groupon with discount way more then enough for 4 people I was glad
    she really enjoyed it. Birthday gift were things I had picked up on sale or yardsales she was pleased with everything.
    --getting really good at getting and using coupons for sales and price matching,
    --Found a sale on clothes at Loblaws sweaters/tops/ and pants for $4.94 and then $10.00 worth of grocery points if you spent $25.00
    Great deal (I am very leary re Loblaws Joe Fresh clothes because of where they are made but, my hope is they have had so much
    bad publicity that they have inproved their practices....hopefully)

A king sized comforter works as a comforter on a queen bed. turn it so the longer part runs head to foot. You need to pick a pattern that looks ok going any direction. Use a bed skirt just as you would with a queen. There is enough extra fabric to cover the bed pillows like one does with a bedspread. I like that as I don't care for shams, just one more piece of clutter IMHO. I also find more king comforters in store markdown than Queen. Also not needing the shams makes used ones and markdown ones easier to find.

Nothing says "I love you" more than the free "gift" I just gave to my DH, who LOVES to pop bubble wrap for stress relief: a giant sheet of it, which I found next to the recycling bin on our street!

--still eating from the leftovers from Mon fancy dinner, very little waste these days
    when we start to think about the next supper we are asking ourselves what leftover are there?
    What needs to be used first? And, when we shop we are checking the fridge and the stockpile
    --filled up with gas where I get a discount and $45.00 for the month.
    --picked up a few groceries all on sale, price matched and with coupons also, extra by scanning receipt
    and getting credits for some items.

Thread Information