Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl!

Super Bowl!

First football game I've watched in 40 years. It was streamed on a big screen in one of the performances spaces at the theatre where I work. My DH & I went to the 2:00 matinee of a really fun show (clown theatre, monks and koans, very physical, fun, and philosophical), then the game. We were surrounded by true believers, and it was a blast. We took the train downtown & back, and Seattle has gone wild. We're queuing up Downton Abbey in a few. What a diverse day of entertainment it's been! Go Seahawks!!!!

Congrats redfox, it's fun to be a Super Bowl town. I remember when the Rams won more than a decade ago, it was a big deal and a fun time.

Wow, REdfox, I guess you did cover the gamut of entertainment!

Yay, Seahawks! I love a good underdog win! Especially when it's the good guys!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Super what?
    It is well, when judging a friend, to remember that he is judging you with the same godlike and superior impartiality. Arnold Bennett

Go Seahawks! My wife and dd are Bronco fans, but having the local team (PNW) win was GREAT!

I admit I watched the second half. I'm only sorry it wasn't a shutout.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I admit I watched the second half.....
    I watched until the game was over, and then watched the second half as well.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    haha -I had to read that twice til I got it!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    lol There have been some really good games the past few years. This was not one of them. Even the commercials were largely "meh", IMHO.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    Even the commercials were largely "meh", IMHO.
    I liked the Radio Shack one about the 80s calling.

As to the quality of the game, this is what comes of the "let them play" philosophy of officiating. Let the secondary cheat and the defense will win every time, even over the best offense. Makes for a very dull game.
    "There are too many books in the world to read in a single lifetime; you have to draw the line somewhere." --Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale

Thread Information