Thread: RSS Feed here at the forums?

RSS Feed here at the forums?

This morning I was trying to simplify some by RSSing all of the forums I read. While the FAQ section says it is possible, I'm not seeing access anywhere on the page to a RSS link to provide my reader. Admins, do you have any insight? Is anyone else RSSing the Simple Living Forum?

Thanks,
    Dave

Can I use RSS to keep up with new posts?
    If the administrator has enabled RSS syndication, this lets you view newly created threads in guest-viewable forums without visiting the board.
    The feeds are currently provided in two formats, RSS and RSS v2.
    Most modern browsers have facilities for reading RSS feeds and will automatically detect the availability of feeds on bulletin board pages

Looooooooooove RSS!!!
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

Could someone please give a little info on what RSS provides and the benefits of using it. I see all these possible links and literally shake my head. Do I need to do this or is it one more hassle, one more link with excess info?

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Could someone please give a little info on what RSS provides and the benefits of using it. I see all these possible links and literally shake my head. Do I need to do this or is it one more hassle, one more link with excess info?
    If you have a favorite website, such as a forum or a blog, you can automate receiving new posts using an RSS reader such as your favorite email client. I use that functionality in Microsoft Outlook to receive updates from several blogs. It creates a folder for each subscribed feed and allows me to read content from multiple sites without having to visit each one.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information