Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My One Time A Year I Don't Watch Money.....What's yours?

Probably when the young adult kids come home for the winter holidays. We do save ahead & have a budget. We take them out to dinner, and see a few shows. That I work in theatre means I get comps or half price tickets, so we get to take them to some really good performances. We give each of them one or two things, the rest of their holiday treats with us are experiences, really good, special meals (at home or out), and quality family time.

Not really ... the closest I come is that sometimes I decide to rein in my ocd tendency. In other words, most of the time I'm not satisfied until I've explored every choice. Which soap is the least per ounce? Which one has / doesn't have ingredient X? Do I have a coupon? Is there an online coupon? Could I make my own? Does the other store have this for less? Is that one maybe a better bargain because it's in a big box? Where would I put the box? Was this made in the US? What kind of packaging is this, it is biodegradable? is Unilever employing child labor or supporting Mitt Romney? My idea of treating myself is to grab a soap off the table of a boutique or craft market, assure myself ingredient x is or isn't present, give it a good sniff and hand over my credit card with my eyes closed.

Thread Information