Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another adorable little house

Another adorable little house

http://www.canoebayescape.com/

I could definitely see this one as a weekend cabin- probably a little small for me as a full time retirement home. This does a lot with a small amount of square footage. I really like all the windows and light, while I like the idea of Tiny Houses, they often strike me as claustrophic and this one doesn't. I also like that its on one floor and doesn't require a ladder to get to a bedroom (making those middle of the night bathroom runs treacherous).

It looks a little too small and too short of charm for the price.

I wouldn't mind living in a house that small but there's really not a lot interesting or clever about it.

It's beautiful, but I didn't look at the price. The big screened porch is a nice touch.

Around $80k for 400 square feet, or $12k for 130 square feet. I think Austin Hays has the better idea.

Yeah the price is high for the size, I was talking about liking the layout.

I think these cottages are beautiful! I disagree that they are ordinary. Does the house include the land at Canoe Bay? If so, I think the price is fine. It looks like an amazing place to be. I would just want to know there are some year-round folks living there. I've considered living in seasonal communities, but only if it's not like a ghost town in the off-season. And at this point in my life, a second home is out of the question.

My only suggestion for the Canoe Bay web developer is to make it more obvious where Canoe Bay is! It took me forever to find that it's in Wisconsin!

Cool! Thanks for posting!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

rodeosweetheart
    I don't read it that way. I think Canoe Bay is a resort. It says x a night, no kids, no dogs, no smoking.
    I think the Escape is the park model rv they build (they call it that) with the pictures of the screened porch and the small house inside, which I really like and think is really pretty.
    Just don';t think I would pay 100k for it--wish they did it for 30-40k!

I like this one. It costs $108K and includes the $40K lot. So cheaper lot and coastal placement makes it a lot cheaper.

I love the windows along the top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLsuwNfRU_8

Quote Originally Posted by rodeosweetheart View Post
    I don't read it that way. I think Canoe Bay is a resort. It says x a night, no kids, no dogs, no smoking.
    I think the Escape is the park model rv they build (they call it that) with the pictures of the screened porch and the small house inside, which I really like and think is really pretty.
    Just don';t think I would pay 100k for it--wish they did it for 30-40k!
    Oh, yeah.. wow $100,000 does seem kind of high.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

rodeosweetheart
    I like the shipping container house a lot! My husband has been talking about building a music studio with shipping containers. I'd like a guesthouse. I really like what they did with the clerestory windows, if thats how you spell it.

I like the recycling aspect, too.

But the wood in the Canoe Bay house is really, really pretty, too.

I saw they stopped making the I House--remember those, from Clayton. The shipping container house reminds me of that but it's cheaper and prettier.

Thread Information