View Poll Results: Should we create a forum for Preppers?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 47.50%
  • No

21 52.50%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Should we add a Preppers forum?

Thanks for that thought, Spartana. I am an urban city dweller and live in a dinky apartment. In my other life I was a prepper before I ever heard the term. I grew my own food, bought meat from the guy who grew it, made all my own stuff like soap, laundry detergent and grooming products. Sewed our clothing, although I did not knit/crochet or cobble shoes. I still try to keep a decent pantry and make soap, but that is it. I could not conserve anything if my life depended on it, which certainly will be something I have to do when the zombiis come.

As long as us city-critters are not ridiculed or minimized, as often happens here to those who are even slightly out of sync or not able to 'properly' express one's self, I support that kind of information. This current winter is proof of my need to be more properly prepared.
    It is well, when judging a friend, to remember that he is judging you with the same godlike and superior impartiality. Arnold Bennett

Quote Originally Posted by Jilly View Post
    Thanks for that thought, Spartana. I am an urban city dweller and live in a dinky apartment. In my other life I was a prepper before I ever heard the term. I grew my own food, bought meat from the guy who grew it, made all my own stuff like soap, laundry detergent and grooming products. Sewed our clothing, although I did not knit/crochet or cobble shoes. I still try to keep a decent pantry and make soap, but that is it. I could not conserve anything if my life depended on it, which certainly will be something I have to do when the zombiis come.

As long as us city-critters are not ridiculed or minimized, as often happens here to those who are even slightly out of sync or not able to 'properly' express one's self, I support that kind of information. This current winter is proof of my need to be more properly prepared.
    Well I almost voted "yes" just because it would then be a tie and I do love being obnoxious :-)! And a big part of me would love to see a prepper forum as I think it could be something useful for many people. But, as other's have pointed out, there seems to be a lot of different ideas and stereotypes (negative mostly) about what a prepper is. I think of it as someone who goes beyond just having some extra batteries and candles for a temporary blackout, but it doesn't seem most here are interested in talking about more extreme things (OK maybe not the Zombie Apocalypse but say a major area wide or even nation wide natural or man made disaster or long term disturbance - in "The Force" - or power grid at least :-)). I think those more extreme things would end up being talked about on a "prepper" forum and probably turn some others off (although I think I'd enjoy it - and I already have my tin foil hat ready!). So I think basic emergency prep stuff can be covered in any of the other forums.

So is this a "majority rules" vote, or a "are there enough people interested" vote?

If the former, can we all vote on the continued existence of some of the other forums...? :-)

(There seem to be ~20 people interested, which seems to indicate there might be some participation.)

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    So is this a "majority rules" vote, or a "are there enough people interested" vote?

If the former, can we all vote on the continued existence of some of the other forums...? :-)

(There seem to be ~20 people interested, which seems to indicate there might be some participation.)
    There is some interest in a separate forum about readiness/disaster preparedness, and I think that is an appropriate simple living topic. So let's see how much participation happens in the thread I started, or start you own.

Thread Information