Page 177 of 421 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 4204

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Hey thanks, flower show lady, for undoing the work you asked me to do. Now we have 300 copies of rules that are incorrect.

If you dont want a correct set of rules, dont ask me to write them.

And YOU Lady, get to deal with the judges of this show who will be confused. And *I* will have to disavow responsibility of this basic show structure change because my reputation is on the line.

Thanks!

NOT.

That’s terrible IL.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    That’s terrible IL.
    Oh its just a little blip in the world of volunteering. And, it is funny/ ironic because this flower show lady called me to tell me about a couple of changes that someone else had made because she was afraid I would be mad. I was not mad. These changes had nothing to do with rules and it wasn’t my responsibility, I don’t care.

And I told her that I have a thick skin, my feelings don’t get hurt, But the one thing that pisses me off is when people and organizations waste my time. These changes made by other people did not waste my time, no problem!

We proceeded to chat about logistics. Just as she was hanging up she dropped that bomb that she had changed this big thing that was a big deal and that essentially wasted a lot of my time because I had worked to fit what she wanted into the new rules we had to follow, and I had consulted with my fellow judges on getting it right. She had no idea it was a big deal because she is ignorant of the rules, the rules they asked ME to manage because I am trained.

haha, now her problem, she owns it.But of course I will graciously work with the show committee and judges to have this handled with as little drama as possible.

This kind of crap is why I quit volunteering.

Update to above: I got copies of the rules, and the error that flowers show lady said she entered is not included. Methinks her co chairman stopped it. Yay, no additional work on my part is now necessary to unravel this.

OK but I have another flower show rant, it is actually a complaint. It is a complaint about my own poor performance. I took seven exhibits to the flower show this weekend and oh dear God, they range from mediocre to hideous. There is not one blue ribbon winner in the batch and one of them would receive 10th Pl. if that award was actually ever given out. Ha ha

Well someone has to get last place right?

How did that happen IL? Curious because the pictures of your work is usually beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    How did that happen IL? Curious because the pictures of your work is usually beautiful.
    I was just not inspired. I waited until the last minute for all of them, waiting for inspiration that never came. It was not the number of entries ( 7 is a lot, most people take 2) because for the last big show I took 7 designs, and I was excited about 4 of them. And yeah those were all blue rbbon winners and
    I knew it!

One problem with this most recent show and my worst design is that I was obsessed about using specific containers and they turned out to be very hard to use especially with the plant material I was obsessed about using. A rational person would’ve walked away from those materials and selected different ones, but not me!

Williamsmith
    Nothing makes one human feel better than hearing about another’s failures. That’s very sacrificial of you IL. I like that about you.

People waiting in line for a cashier who are impatient. Happened again yesterday where the cashier wasn't even finished checking out my items when the woman behind me holds up an item in the cashier's face and starts talking to her about how she wanted to return it, and how does that work, etc. This is before I know what my total is and my own items are bagged.
    Jeez lady - can you wait 30 more seconds??

L, that’s super rude. I probably would have said something to her.

Thread Information