Page 40 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I assume a more fitting title would be first gentleman.
    What would the gender neutral equivalent be?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    First partner.

You can’t use “first spouse” because they may not be married.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    It is the fact that it’s s psuedo position on the fringes of politics for which the only qualification is to be somebody’s spouse.
    The problem is, there have only been "First Ladies" so far, and women are used to being characterized as superfluous appendages to so forgive my sensitivity if I was wrong about your attitude... but I still maintain that women like Eleanor Roosevelt and Hillary Clinton have stepped way outside of their "supremely more important" spouses's shadows. Your comments seem to discount that.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    The problem is, there have only been "First Ladies" so far, and women are used to being characterized as superfluous appendages to so forgive my sensitivity if I was wrong about your attitude... but I still maintain that women like Eleanor Roosevelt and Hillary Clinton have stepped way outside of their "supremely more important" spouses's shadows. Your comments seem to discount that.
    There have always been celebrities who parlay their status as entertainers, socialites, or spouses into real influence. Some even become president. That doesn’t mean the spouse of a president occupies some sort of office we are to take seriously. It just means they get a jolt of celebrity by association.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    The First Person?

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    The First Person?
    Would a first person account of something then become an ordinary person account?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Could we borrow from royalty and call it “Executive Consort”? That would capture the flavor of appointment-by-relationship without respect to gender.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    "Executive Consort”
    I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Hear ye, Hear ye. I'm about to do a 180 from my Men's Rights Group stance. I say she's earned every penny she will get in the divorce. I can not blame her one bit considering who she married for money and what she has had to put up with for money. Rob
    Unlike other immigrants, her parents were given a fast-track admittance as citizens. That is a double standard! Others cannot bring their family here.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Unlike other immigrants, her parents were given a fast-track admittance as citizens. That is a double standard! Others cannot bring their family here.
    Except for the 800,000 or so chain migration immigrants we welcome each year.

Thread Information