Page 117 of 165 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1641

Thread: 2020 Presidential Candidates

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    L, Biden doesnÂ’t hold a candle to trump. Not even in the same lying league. BidenÂ’s might be more due to memory issues.
    I donÂ’t think youÂ’re giving Mr Biden enough credit. He has lied about the number of his degrees and class standing. He has lied about being arrested in South Africa. He has lied about his first wife being killed by a drunk driver. He has channeled the spirit of Nial Kinnock. He has claimed President Roosevelt went on television after the 1929 crash to calm the public. He has distorted his record on any number of issues. He has invented Afghanistan war stories he has claimed to have heard.

If the goal of the Democrats is to match the President fib for fib, gaffe for gaffe and embarrassment for embarrassment, they could not make a better choice.

He is not my candidate but better than the orange moron.

The reality is Biden will probably leave many Trump policies in place, not even reverse his executive orders probably, but that's what people wanted I guess, heaven forbid they got someone who would actually fight for anything. True better than the orange moron.
    Trees don't grow on money

I guess I am feeling like Teacher Terry on this one.
    LDAHL, who do you think should be our next president? Obviously not Biden.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    The reality is Biden will probably leave many Trump policies in place, not even reverse his executive orders probably, but that's what people wanted I guess, heaven forbid they got someone who would actually fight for anything. True better than the orange moron.
    I hope you're wrong, and if he's elected, I hope he surrounds himself with smart, honest, capable, energetic people who scramble to repair most of the damage Trump has done, but like you, I despair of anything really changing under his administration. I suspect the revolution is dead for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I guess I am feeling like Teacher Terry on this one.
    LDAHL, who do you think should be our next president? Obviously not Biden.
    Who I think should be President and whatÂ’s currently on offer are two different things. I cling bitterly to what may be the least influential philosophy in American politics. I favor small, locally administered government, fiscal responsibility as a moral issue, a strong defense capability, justice administered on an individual basis rather than the current fashion in identity politics. I think of rights in terms of liberties that ought not be infringed rather than an Amazon shopping cart. I take the somewhat bleak view that every right come with a responsibility. I am a social conservative in the mold of Edmund Burke and a fiscal conservative in the mold of Calvin Coolidge.

I would like to see a Mitt Romney or Marco Rubio or Nikki Haley on the menu. That obviously isnÂ’t happening. So right now, between Trump and Biden, I would vote Libertarian. I consider Bernie so dangerously wrong about so many things, both practically and as a statement of what we think we want, I would probably take a few stiff drinks and vote for Trump.

Thanks, LDAHL, that helps me understand your point of view much better. I am with you on Mitt Romney and Nikki Haley--we lived in SC when she was governor and she did an excellent job.

Yppej
    LDAHL it sounds like among the current crop of candidates you might like Bill Weld.

I cast my paper ballot today, no lines 5 minutes or less in and out. Primaries are wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    LDAHL it sounds like among the current crop of candidates you might like Bill Weld.

I cast my paper ballot today, no lines 5 minutes or less in and out. Primaries are wonderful.
    Weld will be my protest vote in the WI primary.

As to last night, I drew a few conclusions.

If Republicans had fallen into line as quickly as the Democrats seem to be, Trump wouldn’t be in office today.

For all the talk of oligarchy, all half a billion will buy you is American Samoa.

Democrats are just not that into Elizabeth Warren.

Biden seemed to perform best in states where he didn’t campaign.

Given the last-minute dropouts, early voting for primaries does not seem to be a very good idea.

Thread Information