Page 62 of 601 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162562 ... LastLast

Thread: Conavirus......

Kaiser in Colorado is closing 21 of their clinics and leaving 10 others serving essential needs open. I'm not sure of the specifics. Also, I've noticed hospitals are generally postponing elective surgeries to free up supplies and bed space for some sort of expected corona patients. Our state has had a little under 200 positive cases so I'm assuming there is an expectation or anticipation of a wave of new patients.

I've been wondering how commercial TV will fare. About half of the commercials are for businesses that are closed. I guess these were part of a contract paid for in advance or a binding commitment. The pharma and lawyer ads might have to keep them afloat.

Yppej
    It is hard to tell what is going on. Are more people getting infected, or are we just finding out about people who have been infected already because now the tests are being done? To me the most reliable statistic is deaths, but people could have died from COVID-19 earlier and that not have been listed as the cause of death because awareness was less than. How many autopsies were done in say January on elderly nursing home residents with underlying medical issues not expected to live long?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I have an off-topic question.

If you’re an Asian tourist, why would you go all the way to Hawaii when there are lots of beaches and tropical places in your own part of the world? I mean, is it really that great. Is it marketing that gets them there?

I say this as someone who obviously has not been to Hawaii and doesn’t especially care about tropical paradises, So they all kind of blend in together to me.
    To go shopping and shoot guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    It is hard to tell what is going on. Are more people getting infected, or are we just finding out about people who have been infected already because now the tests are being done? To me the most reliable statistic is deaths, but people could have died from COVID-19 earlier and that not have been listed as the cause of death because awareness was less than. How many autopsies were done in say January on elderly nursing home residents with underlying medical issues not expected to live long?
    At a press conference today, the IL governor said that there are a lot more cases now in our state due to more testing. IL was the first state that was able to do its own testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Remember, this has a 14d incubation period. So every day I am around 30 people , they are all exposed to me because I don't know I am incubating.

So take that statistic out to all of those people being 14days and all they have exposed.

As an Infection Prevention practitioner (yes, did that too), I believe we are another 100 days out before we are on the downside of the hill. AND a very big AND, if people would follow the guidelines. Since people are NOT, this will go on. 100 more days is optimistic!

I'm already assuming our June 20th trip to Canada for our 40th anniversary will be a no go.

I have to admit that my life is going on much the same. I'm something of a homebody. Still going into the office. Small office and few visitors. My church and gym are closed, so I'm just back and forth to home. I'll start diving the beginning of April if the quarry 90 minutes away opens. There are few divers there until sometime in May. The water is too cold for them otherwise.

A friend of mine outside Lincoln has a very serious and aggressive cancer on her adrenal gland. Her surgery is considered elective and was cancelled this morning. I'm very concerned for her. It already has a shitty survival of 3.21 years. No estimate on when they might take that sucker out. I am so so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    A friend of mine outside Lincoln has a very serious and aggressive cancer on her adrenal gland. Her surgery is considered elective and was cancelled this morning. I'm very concerned for her. It already has a shitty survival of 3.21 years. No estimate on when they might take that sucker out. I am so so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    To go shopping and shoot guns.
    To clarify. Not at the same time.

Yppej
    There are plenty of mall shootings, just not in Hawaii (yet).

Thread Information