Page 109 of 601 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Sunday night I met a friend of mine from college in Scottsdale on the Scottsdale Waterfront. It is a ritzy part of town inhabited by folks living in another America - one of which I'd normally only visit in my best thrift shop clothes to pose as upper middle class for snobby but well paying high end retail mystery shops.

Point? I walked by a very expensive restaurant that was open for sit down dining (now OK in Arizona) and was really disillusioned and disgusted with the upper end clientele that were visible. Though the servers were all wearing masks, the clientele were not, nor was social distancing being practiced. AND THIS FROM PEOPLE WHO CAN AFFORD TO DINE ON THE SCOTTSDALE WATERFRONT!!!!!

This last in all caps as you'd think such folks would be educated enough to know better. I am just floored and felt as if I WERE SLUMMING IN REVERSE (all caps due to what a concept). Where I live, most of us - though not 100 percent to be honest - are wearing masks. I'd say 75 to 80 percent in my neighborhood. Utterly amazing, I would not have believed it unless I saw it for myself. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I just saw your post here and wanted to say I'm sorry. What a horrible way to go. Rob
    Thanks Rob, oddly enough I think he went exactly as he wanted.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I walked by a very expensive restaurant that was open for sit down dining (now OK in Arizona) and was really disillusioned and disgusted with the upper end clientele that were visible. Though the servers were all wearing masks, the clientele were not, nor was social distancing being practiced. AND THIS FROM PEOPLE WHO CAN AFFORD TO DINE ON THE SCOTTSDALE WATERFRONT!!!!!

I haven't tried eating a meal while wearing a mask yet, is it difficult?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post

I haven't tried eating a meal while wearing a mask yet, is it difficult?
    Fair point, Alan. Let me be clear - the majority of diners I observed were seemingly waiting on meals. I understand you can't eat with a mask on - maybe a topic for another thread regarding reopening? Rob

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    My State has been doing entirely vote-by-mail for years and years now, and it seems to work just fine.
    Oregon has been mail only since 1997 and those I know there, love it!

I discovered you can't eat with a mask, brought my mom breakfast for mothers day, already served myself in my own bowl so no shared utensils, left serving bowl on the chair outside while mom was inside so no close contact, she didn't get the serving bowl until I had moved well away, scattered some 30 feet away or something, in the yard, tried to eat with a cloth mask, oh yea I can't eat with a mask! Took off the mask, ate, I'm like 30 feet away outdoors. Put the mask back on when I was done. This is mothers day brunch eaten "together".
    Trees don't grow on money

Fair point, Alan. Let me be clear - the majority of diners I observed were seemingly waiting on meals. I understand you can't eat with a mask on - maybe a topic for another thread regarding reopening? Rob
    Awaiting at tables with glasses in front of them?

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Hmmm, judges? Can we have a ruling on that?
    Tonight's NBC Nightly News had parents saying Covid-related stay at home orders led to their daughter being killed in a domestic violence case. Judges here's something else you can weigh in on. Covid death or not?

Domestic violence is way up. Stuck together for long periods of time and money troubles often contribute. She should have left.

I was out on a bicycle ride a few days ago, and I passed by the deck of a tavern in a nearby town. I saw and overheard a young couple being seated by a (masked) waitress. I thought those two good people were about to enjoy brats and beer, while they take in the view of the river and the rapids.

Now, I wouldn't go into any tavern before I was vaccinated, and I would require the new cases of COVID-19 in my state to be in decline. But I am an Old Croc. I look at the risk of infection with Old Croc eyes.

My choice.

But I believe those two sweethearts at the tavern ought to have their choice too. I remember how divine it can be to bite into a brat in a good bun, on a sunny day, beside a river.

Thread Information