Page 205 of 601 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Like the many people of color who are summarily executed for something they may have done, might still do, or whom they may have associated with?
    Plus one trillion. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Sounds like your school has a plan set up that works for your school, that's great.

Anyone who advocates suspending a child on his very first day of school because he disobeyed an order like that is not someone I want involved in my child's education. Luckily, my three sons are all grown and I do not have to worry about any of my grandchildren's schooling; their parents have that nicely under control, and are sensible, caring, nurturing parents. I am very lucky!

The child was not suspended; I'm not quite sure what happened. He was in my son's friend's class. They were laughing about it, and I think the teacher handled it in-house, and all was well. He's a good teacher. Sometimes, you have to get buy-in, even from the little ones. Admittedly, I only student taught in first grade, but I found them a fascinating age group, and it was a lovely experience. You definitely had a major impact on them, and how they saw school for the rest of their lives. I remember figuring out how to teach one child how to remember the letters in the alphabet, when she'd been struggling all year. What a rewarding day that was.

I've taught college since 1979. I don't think I've ever had a moment that rewarding in all those years, as teaching Lisa that alphabet song.
    Unbelievable.

Yppej
    Europe is starting its second wave, including in countries with mask mandates. So much for them being an effective preventive measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Europe is starting its second wave, including in countries with mask mandates. So much for them being an effective preventive measure.
    Reallly? Imagine how bad it would be if people DIDN'T use them!!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Reallly? Imagine how bad it would be if people DIDN'T use them!!!
    Agreed. I can also say that in Austria, it's now considered socially deviant to not wear a mask. Rob

Here, too, for sure.

Speaking of Europe, I was listening online to BBC Radio 5 live late in the week. There’s some discussion of another lockdown in the UK. The host brought up the further economic damage another lockdown could do. One caller was screaming at him, saying that anyone who worries about the economy is a murderer. Another caller was talking about he was about to lose his house.

I know some parts of England are having more restrictions added due to number of rising cases.

They shouldn't have stopped the payments to people and people would not lose their houses.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    They shouldn't have stopped the payments to people and people would not lose their houses.
    I bet in most places any unemployment benefits aren’t going to be enough to pay a mortgage and all your other regular bills. The guy in question worked in hospitality.

I heard on the new (??) that if all people would just wear a mask, follow social distancing, no large crowds for 6 weeks everything would calm down and people could get on with their lives..... Doesn't sound unreasonable but, of course, there are those who think it is their right not to wear a mask. A person might still have to wear a mask but life could go on with little or no deaths until a better solution shows up.

Thread Information