Page 262 of 421 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272312362 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 4204

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Quote Originally Posted by SiouzQ. View Post
    When I call the bank to get updates, I can't get through. Sometimes the phone rings thirty times before I give up. Yesterday and today after I got through the phone tree, I was caller #78 in the que. I bet their IT Department wished they NEVER launched their new program...why can't they leave well enough alone? I had NO PROBLEM with the look of their online banking platform; now I hate the way it looks and operates.
    I'm sorry this has happened, SQ. It gums up the works really quickly.

I'll guess the IT department at the CU wishes it had never changed the software, too, but (not knowing what was behind the decision) it may not have been their choice. Software platforms get outmoded (especially in today's environment of constant cyberattacks), vendors go out of business or get merged out of business, and customer demands sometimes force changes (secure mobile clients, etc.).

Long story short, they may not have had a choice in the change. I'll guess the IT department is cussing out the software vendor fully as much as customers are. That doesn’t necessarily make things any better for you, but, having been through migrations similar to this, I'm pretty sure all hands are on deck right now and they are working to fix it and want it fixed as much as you do. I hope it's soon and seamless from here.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

SiouzQ, I am sorry you are having so much trouble. It does seem to be happening more and more...making me want to go back to paper and pen...but not really. I just want things to WORK! Patience.

Yppej
    One of my banks is dropping telephone banking. They want everyone to go online, which I consider risky. Fortunately it is not my primary bank. I hate when people try to fix things that weren't broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    One of my banks is dropping telephone banking. They want everyone to go online, which I consider risky. Fortunately it is not my primary bank. I hate when people try to fix things that weren't broken.
    I’m surprised you even use the internet at all. Not being snarky, just an observation.

If you bank from your home computer it’s fine. I can’t remember the last time I used telephone banking.

Who thought it was a good idea to make beds that are so high they are impossible to get into?

I am staying in a Bed and Breakfast Inn down the block from my (nearly uninhabitable) Hermann house and while it is otherwise very nice, the bed is as high as my belly button. I have to propel myself upward to fling myself on it face first.

My friend had a bed this high and she was shorter than me. She had a set of steps to get into it. I remember one time we were all laying in her bed, DH, Me, her (we are pretty good friends!) to watch her new tv and we all had a heckova time getting positioned.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Who thought it was a good idea to make beds that are so high they are impossible to get into?

I am staying in a Bed and Breakfast Inn down the block from my (nearly uninhabitable) Hermann house and while it is otherwise very nice, the bed is as high as my belly button. I have to propel myself upward to fling myself on it face first.

My friend had a bed this high and she was shorter than me. She had a set of steps to get into it. I remember one time we were all laying in her bed, DH, Me, her (we are pretty good friends!) to watch her new tv and we all had a heckova time getting positioned.
    Antique bed? My parents had one of those, with the requisite steps. I can picture you flinging yourself.

They are making new beds that high. I have seen them and it’s ridiculous unless you are very tall.

How many complaints do I get today? Ha ha. Not kidding though.

#1: DH is putting pressure on me to choose light fixtures for our Hermann house. This is exactly what I hate, having to go through each room and figure out where the light fixtures are going to go and then pick out appropriate fixtures. So that’s one kind of rant, but I have another rant and that is it this house has 8 foot ceilings. That makes everything harder if if you want to hang pendant lights. In fact I really don’t even know if I can hang pendant lights and chandeliers. My city house has 11 foot ceilings and I never had to worry about lights coming down too low.

#2: my 2017 model Fiat spider car has advance electronics that I don’t like. For the last year and a half, I’ve been punching at the radio trying to get the stupid thing to change channels. Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn’t. It was making me crazy, and I mentioned to DH that I think there’s something wrong with the electronics. DH laughed and said “they have probably programmed it so that you can’t change the radio while you’re driving.”

WTF.What genius came up with this idea? Sure enough, when I put that theory to the test, yes I can change the radio stations when the car is at a stop and then as I looked it up, up to 5 miles moving I can change radio stations.

#3: As part of my complaint that my car has random electronic things wrong with it, I mentioned to DH that my windshield wipers came on yesterday with no provocation. Honestly I didn’t touch the knob and they just came on by themselves. Once again, DH laughed and said “it probably has a precipitation sensor and if it senses a little bit of rain, they make a swipe. “

#4: DH is right too often

Laughing at your rants, IL. I think it is great when the DH's are right too often finding it reassuring that 'I' made the smart choice in order to know about things that I didn't. You don't mention how often you have been right though.

Others would buy this car because these features are among the many other extras. Your car salesman didn't mention these features when you bought the car? BTW I didn't know that a car was named a spider. I thought that was only for 3-wheel motor bikes. Things I am learning!

RE the lights and 8 foot ceilings: I don't like hanging lights so opt for flush lighting fixtures except over the dining table. The new LED lighting options can help you direct your light to focus on highlights in the room which I think adds a lot of flexibility.
    Have you considered whether you are having fans with the lights? I love these in the bedrooms especially.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information