Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Garden 2021

I have decided only to grow tomatoes, herbs, and garlic from now on as long as we live where we do. It's all I can keep up with. I am enjoying putting together some flower pots for my deck, though.

Just got my tomatoes in yesterday. Four types, purchased plants from the local farmers market. One cherry, one roma, two Big Boy types.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    pretty!

Very nice!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Very nice! I love both petunias and coleus, so I love your arrangement!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Kay, that is really lovely!
    Iris: Groundhogs decimated my tall phlox for a few years, but it started to come back last year and is looking pretty robust this year, so I am hopeful!

I was invited to visit a friend's garden to see her poppies so went this afternoon. I brought some banana muffins that I made yesterday that we could enjoy with tea outside. I was telling her about the snails, slugs eating my hostas and received about 5 lbs of crushed eggshells that she has accumulated for a few years. Totally awesome! Also she had started a number of Christmas cactus so brought one of them home as well.
    Gardeners are very generous.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    I was invited to visit a friend's garden to see her poppies so went this afternoon. I brought some banana muffins that I made yesterday that we could enjoy with tea outside. I was telling her about the snails, slugs eating my hostas and received about 5 lbs of crushed eggshells that she has accumulated for a few years. Totally awesome! Also she had started a number of Christmas cactus so brought one of them home as well.
    Gardeners are very generous.
    God I love puppies! I wish I knew somebody who had a nice stand of puppies who would invite me to come and look at them!

Is exciting that I have two annual poppies coming up in my flower garden here at home. Once I get them established they will seed themselves most likely.

But I still have been unable to get the big orange perennial poppies established. I now know places in Hermann where I can drive by and look at them. Hermann gardeners are very old-fashioned small town gardeners and many of the old standards probably like their gardens.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    God I love puppies! I wish I knew somebody who had a nice stand of puppies who would invite me to come and look at them!
    I don't think they would stand still. Puppies are very wiggly. I know you do love them especially if they are bulldogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I don't think they would stand still. Puppies are very wiggly. I know you do love them especially if they are bulldogs.
    Poppies! Poppies!

Actually dont love puppies, prefer grown dogs.

And I also see that on another thread my dictation software or spellcheck or whatever corrected “U.S.” to “ass.” Twice.

very annoying.

Thread Information