Page 422 of 601 FirstFirst ... 322372412420421422423424432472522 ... LastLast
Results 4,211 to 4,220 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    I am thankful that I do not have to make a work decision about either Texas, Florida, or many of the southern states (am retired). I have written them off for probably a long time. Told hubby that Texas will never see a $$ from me.
    I'm feeling the same way. After over a million miles of business travel, I'm ready to be more selective about the places I travel to.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I am very familiar with his posts and I have no desire to emulate them. I am not a braggart. I also have no desire to manipulate the reply with quote feature by deleting the quoted material and inserting something else to create a fake post. That is dishonest and despicable.
    Ohhhh But you are a braggart... All that fancy talk on how superior your grammar, punctuation and spelling is

Yppej
    The mu variant originating in Colombia and Ecuador is on the move. This news has been around for about a week now with warnings from the World Health Organization. But the US has not shut its borders and now that variant has been found in Houston.

The lambda variant is coming from Peru.

This reinforces a point that I have made - that variants come from areas where most people are unvaccinated, not from vaccinated people in the US who don't wear masks, and that global vaccine equity matters.
    Last edited by Yppej; 9-7-21 at 1:56pm.

Yppej
    I have not heard from the Libertarian candidate.

To try to make the change in the city charter I would like I would need to gather 3,400+ signatures. I could do it, but it would take up all my free time. If I lived in a town instead of a city I would only need 10 signatures, one of which could be my own.

This is definitely making me think if I ever move that I want to move to a town and not another city.

Rechecked the libraries near my work or home I have as alternates and 17 of the 18 on the list I came up with last week still allow maskless people in, including my favorite on the list. So that is encouraging.

The city solicitor asked me to send him some stats on covid and I got those off to him. He said even if I get the signatures on my petition the city council will vote it down. I think he is right because they are afraid to rock the boat, civil liberties be damned. So he said the thing to do is to try to amass data to convince the Board of Health. I am skeptical it will work but I will give it a shot. I also sent him a link to an article that says if a person is in quarantine they shouldn't be allowed around their pets and suggested the Board of Health should get on that, and also require service animals in city hall to be masked, if they think quarantines and masks are the way to go.

Local new had these figures from UCHealth from a week or so ago. What ever common news sources I get promote certain numbers showing how much less risk there is for vaccinated people, but I don't see many recent specifics on actual breakthroughs or categorization by age or time since vaccinations. There are some things out there but at least for me has required some digging. There was a footnote after the numbers saying most of the breakthroughs with more serious conditions are people with weakened immunity from other health problems, such as cancer or organ transplant. I have wondered if the break though issues are soft sold to encourage people to get vaccinated. It doesn't seem like a free ride totally without risk at least.

• 263 patients hospitalized with COVID-19
      - 216 are not vaccinated
      - 47 are vaccinated
    • 100 of those patients are in the ICU
      - 85 are not vaccinated
      - 15 are vaccinated
    • 74 of those patients are on ventilators
      - 67 are not vaccinated
      - 7 are vaccinated

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    Local new had these figures from UCHealth from a week or so ago. What ever common news sources I get promote certain numbers showing how much less risk there is for vaccinated people, but I don't see many recent specifics on actual breakthroughs or categorization by age or time since vaccinations. There are some things out there but at least for me has required some digging. There was a footnote after the numbers saying most of the breakthroughs with more serious conditions are people with weakened immunity from other health problems, such as cancer or organ transplant. I have wondered if the break though issues are soft sold to encourage people to get vaccinated. It doesn't seem like a free ride totally without risk at least.

• 263 patients hospitalized with COVID-19
      - 216 are not vaccinated
      - 47 are vaccinated
    • 100 of those patients are in the ICU
      - 85 are not vaccinated
      - 15 are vaccinated
    • 74 of those patients are on ventilators
      - 67 are not vaccinated
      - 7 are vaccinated
    Wow! I would have hoped being vaccinated would have kept the seriousness at bay, but, personally, I think those are high numbers re: the vaccinated! I'll keep up with ALL my preventive measures, thank you very much!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    I often wonder how accurate these diagnoses are. If you are the hospital they test you for covid and if you test positive do they automatically record you as a hospitalized covid case even if you are in there for something else?

I had a coworker whose father died of old age and the medical examiner was forced to change his cause of death to covid because there was covid in the facility he was in, though he himself was never tested for it. This was in spring 2020.

If we tested all Americans we would probably have tens of millions of cases among the asymptomatic. And if published that would throw the media into a feeding frenzy.

Yppej
    The Libertarian candidate came to my house. We chatted and he will attend the next Board of Health meeting to back me up.

Meanwhile my brother is after the BOH in his town for making him, a vaccinated person, wear a mask. He is considering taping his vaccine card to his forehead and pointing to it if someone tells him he should wear a mask.

I don’t have any reason to go to Texas again haven’t been there a couple of times. But I likely will have to go to Florida about a year from now for a flower so training event unless I can find one closer.

A year from now everyone in Florida will either be vaccinated, recovered, or dead.

Thread Information