Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: "Drag Queen Story Time"at the public library

The world's oldest drag queen died this week in Portland. I had the pleasure of whiling away many boozy hours in her club.

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/25/11660...-queen-dies-92

The city is considering renaming the street her club sits on in her honor.

She is who I think of when I picture "drag queen," not some vulgar bloke in a thong.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    The world's oldest drag queen died this week in Portland. I had the pleasure of whiling away many boozy hours in her club.

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/25/11660...-queen-dies-92

The city is considering renaming the street her club sits on in her honor.

She is who I think of when I picture "drag queen," not some vulgar bloke in a thong.
    92 and still slinging it. Good for her!

I like to think of her as knowing enough to stay in her lane, adult entertainment for adults. Perhaps she did suggestive work, perhaps it was full out raunch, but I will bet she wouldn’t appear in a thong at any age, performing for small children and terming it “family friendly.”

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    92 and still slinging it. Good for her!

I like to think of her as knowing enough to stay in her lane, adult entertainment for adults. Perhaps she did suggestive work, perhaps it was full out raunch, but I will bet she wouldn’t appear in a thong at any age, performing for small children and terming it “family friendly.”
    Her act was mildly suggestive, as I recall--reminiscent of old-time burlesque. I can't imagine her in a thong, and if she ever appeared at the library, she would have been fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Well you asked.

—Grooming kids to accept adults leering at kids
    —Grooming kids to accept being in the same space as adults in sexually provocative costume “playing” with sex
    —Grooming kids to know mommy thinks it ok that big man playfully interacts with me …next step is me and man without mommy in the room? Hmmm…

Anyone who knows anything about child sexual abuse knows that sex play is an important tool of child predators. Add in collusion (beloved parents ok’ing the sex play,) and the power imbalance/ vulnerability of kids and you have a grooming environment. I will admit that it’s lacking a very important tool of child sexual abuse, and that is the secrecy element.

I like the transparency of it, I gotta say. That is why we get to talk about it because we know about it!

what is next, lap dances for kids?

If you want to teach your kids about diversity, why not have a gay astronaut? A trans IT engineer (and there are tons of those) or a trans stay at home dad? Why all the sex stuff?

Teaching your kids about other genders through drag shows is like teaching your kids about women achievers by taking them to a strip club.
    I am responding to my own post. Lap dances for kids. Ridiculous, right? Yeah, that’s what YOU thought.

Recently I saw a video of just this. A young girl around 8 years old, sitting in a chair with an audience behind her. A stripper/drag Queen wraps herself around the chair, cupping her hands around the little girl’s face. Audience clapping and hooting.

If you have ever been to a bachelor or bachelorette party where a stripper is hired to honor the impending groom or bride, this is the scene.

Let’s keep adult entertainment in the realm of adults, shall we? To the purveyors of Drag Shows for Kids who claim they know how to present age appropriate entertainment I say: Stop Lying, clearly you do not.

Thread Information