Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trump not attending White House correspondents dinner....

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    The last president to not attend was Reagan. But he phoned it in from the hospital where he was recuperating from being shot...
    I've also heard he was the last President to write his own material.

Quote Originally Posted by goldensmom View Post
    I would if I could, [CathyA]. I am not a person to retaliate especially if the action is not directed toward me personally. I am responsible for my reaction and if I react negatively to someone who acts negative towards me than I am perpetuating the negativity and what is that doing for me other than fueling my fire towards them. It is not good for my health, physically and mentally, to live in such a state so I choose to be considerate in all situations regardless of the other persons actions. This is just me and my reaction is my choice. If others want spew back the venom spewed upon them then that is their choice. I still wish everyone would be nice to each other.
    I understand your feelings, goldensmom. It's one way of coping with bad things around you. But I feel like pj1 as said, plus the fact that Trump is seemingly trying to destroy some things that are very, very important to me (i.e. the health of the environment) and I can't see just taking it lying down or smiling back at him.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    I understand your feelings, goldensmom. It's one way of coping with bad things around you. But I feel like pj1 as said, plus the fact that Trump is seemingly trying to destroy some things that are very, very important to me (i.e. the health of the environment) and I can't see just taking it lying down or smiling back at him.
    Thanks, CathyA. I understand your feelings as well, it's just not the way I operate. I think it is a sign of maturity, however, that we can express our individual opinions without being injurious of the other. By the way, I also believe the world would be a boring place if everyone were just like me.

Quote Originally Posted by goldensmom View Post
    Thanks, CathyA. I understand your feelings as well, it's just not the way I operate. I think it is a sign of maturity, however, that we can express our individual opinions without being injurious of the other. By the way, I also believe the world would be a boring place if everyone were just like me.
    👍

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Of course he won't. He hates them all.

But.......I heard something funny today. I turned on the TV in the kitchen while I was doing dishes. I NEVER watch "The View". I really don't like it. But.....before I had time to change the station, they were talking about Trump and so I listened. They talked about a number of things (which I agreed with), and then they talked about his not going to the White House correspondents' dinner. One of them said they should get Alec Baldwin to go. hahahaha That's not a bad idea! Trump would probably blow a gasket. He'd have soooooo many tweets to send.
    LOL Funny......good one Cathy. I'd love Alec Baldwin to play this up on an SNL cold open skit. And I'm sure the folks at the dinner overall are DEVASTATED (sarcasm intended) that Trump will not be gracing them with his presence. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Yes, I can imagine him watching from Mar A Lago and angrily tweeting every time Alec Baldwin talks. Even better if Alec can somehow be informed of the tweets and improvise realtime incorporating them somehow. It's probably just as well that he doesn't go since one is expected to have a sense of humor at such things, and he clearly doesn't have that. Not surprising since one can't just purchase one.
    I love your last sentence. So true and I've never quite looked at Trump this way. But true.....Rob

Maybe you should tell that to Trump. His talk is unacceptable as a president and as a human being. I see no reason to be 'nice' to him, considering the person he chooses to be. When people give Trump back exactly what he deals out, he screams the loudest. I find no reason to be nice to him, considering all the damage he is doing and how selfish and self-centered he is.
    Plus about three million. I could not agree with you more here and I see this exactly the same way. Thank You for expressing this in a kinder manner than I would have. Rob

Here you go, you could put Alec Baldwin on and improvise:

Thread Information