Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: mass vaccination events?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    This one is run by Centura; I have no idea what their reputation is for doing things right. Honestly, I am a bit concerned about the J & J vaccine with their recent manufacturing flub and the adverse effects. Because of some bad medical experiences in the past, I am phobic about shots, procedures etc. I am leaning towards canceling and going with the Pfizer since it seems to be available everywhere.
    Can't argue with this. I took Pfizer and it is showing the best results in the next clinical trial for age 12-15. And they have carefully started the trial for age 6m-11y.

If 200 is a mass event, I accompanied my mother to one a couple of weeks ago. Pretty well run; not many people over the four hours they held the event and a big room. I do know people who've gone to bigger events and they were quite pleased with how well they were run. Their biggest negative was the wait by the entrance in their cars.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Can't argue with this. I took Pfizer and it is showing the best results in the next clinical trial for age 12-15. And they have carefully started the trial for age 6m-11y.
    Yes, I'm glad I got Pfizer's vaccine. Plus I had absolutely no side effects.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

We both got Pfizer, and I had a bad first week with the first shot. We both felt very tired after the second shot, and then I had a delayed reaction of hives on my face the third day, but benadryl took care of it.

Kids got the Moderna with no side effects.

It seems very random who gets what side effects, if any. In many cases, it might be the excipients rather than the active ingredient causing issues.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    It seems very random who gets what side effects, if any. In many cases, it might be the excipients rather than the active ingredient causing issues.
    I have to admit that I'm a bit nervous about my upcoming 2nd shot of Moderna. With some of the side effects and their timing that I've been reading about, I think I'll be good for Monday night's shift, but will wait and see about Tuesday.... just not sure. Trying to be patient and just see what happens.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Husband and I had Moderna- the second shot gave us muscle aches for a day and my husband had an itchy swelling of the arm for several days, but nothing debilitating.

Yeah they do seem random. I’ve seen reports from random otherwise heathy friends that ranged from a day or two or three of miserable from one or both shots of moderna and Pfizer to no side effects at all. As for the J&J I’m one of the few people I know who has gotten it. I had moderate fatigue the following day but no other issues. Since I got it last
    Friday afternoon, intentionally in case I had any issues, I just took a nap Saturday afternoon and was fine by the evening.

My wife received both Pfizer injections at a sort of mass vaccination event through her school. The school district provided 2 different in-service days spaced 3 weeks apart for all district employees to receive the vaccine at the local high school. She said it was very well organized and neither she nor any of her elementary school workmates suffered any issues with the vaccine.

I received my second dose of the same Pfizer vaccine last Monday at a County Health Department mass vaccination site. It too was well organized with blocks of approximately 20 people scheduled on specific days in 5 minute increments. For both injections my wait time was under 10 minutes from initial check-in to the application of a bandaid, followed by a 15 minute observation period. I experienced a sore arm for a few days after the first injection but surprisingly not after the second.

I have my completed vaccination card stuck on the refrigerator with a magnet, wondering how long I should keep it handy.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I received an email from the mass vaccination appt saying they were no longer giving J & J due to some adverse reactions and would switch to one of the two shots. I have to wonder how they so quickly came up with the Pfizer/ Moderna in its place. I canceled but logged into Costco and booked an appt for the J & J next week.

Thread Information