Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who was the lady dealing with a brain tumor?

I was on a simplicity/frugality mailing list back in the early/mid 90s (Maxlife) and a number of us migrated to the original incarnation when that fizzled out. I'm the only one of that group left. So likely not that much after Bae.

My bio thing here says 2011, but that can't be right. I've been here for at least 50 years.

I joined here many years ago on the old forum. My name was nancynj back then I think. This was way back when I used WebTV instead of my laptop.

I joined the old forums in 2001. Either right before or right after 9/11. Same name all this time.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    My bio thing here says 2011, but that can't be right. I've been here for at least 50 years.
    That's when the switch to this forum happened. No one has a date older than late 2010.

Oh yeah......I forgot about that. Thanks for jarring my memory (what there is of it!)

I have always been more of a reader/lurker than an active poster but I was on the old forum too, can't remember what year I joined though. I think my old name was doglover.

Btw, I just feel like saying that my years-long drawn-out horrible divorce including custody battle is final as of today and I am SO happy!

congrats, mamalatte! I wish you all the best going forward. I've been around this board for a long time, often just reading. I don't remember when I joined the old board either - I was ganderswamp then. I know it was before Sylvan was banned - he was my first experience with having someone banned and I was greatly saddened. I miss Mattise also - another ban. Bae wasn't on it then (if that's a useful measure of time, lol...), but I don't know if he hadn't yet arrived, or was just on one of his - ah - hiatuses.

My profile says 2011, but I came over from the other boards, so some time longer....

I have never been a big poster, but read most everything. Lots to learn here!

I've been here since early '00s. I think I was probably just learning how to google when I googled YMOYL after reading it, and found Dave's site. I loved it--I loved his newsletter and his booklist. And of course, I loved the discussion with everybody--I remember you guys (and thanks for reminding me of previous user names) and I remember enjoying Chickadee, Spartana and Gary's banter (what was Spartana's original name?), and Billy Barebutt, Christine, Mrs. Mizerly and so many others.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information