Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you do about this upcoming party?

Some clarifying points:
    DH and I both have risk factors that mean we would probably not do fare if we got Covid.
    I am not concerned about the well-being of the A-Vs; I just don't want them to get me or my family sick.
    We all had our boosters in October.
    I realize how bad this sounds, but as far as Mom goes, I'm mostly concerned that if she got sick, she would give it to someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Some clarifying points:
    DH and I both have risk factors that mean we would probably not do fare if we got Covid.
    I am not concerned about the well-being of the A-Vs; I just don't want them to get me or my family sick.
    We all had our boosters in October.
    I realize how bad this sounds, but as far as Mom goes, I'm mostly concerned that if she got sick, she would give it to someone else.

If I had a lot of concerns and I could avoid going, that is probably what I would do, for myself and for my mom, if I were making decisions for her. I went to see my son and went to a family party with many anti-vaxxers present and I was uncomfortable, but I did not get sick. I traveled to see him and stopped in another state to clean out my parents' house and was around people who had just spent a day at the hospital with their uncle with Covid, and I did not get sick, even though one of them hugged me. I felt I did not have a choice but had to make this trip, but you do have a choice, so just remember that; if you are uncomfortable, you do have a choice.

If the event was of super importance to me, I would go, maybe not take my mom. But it sounds like you have a lot of concerns, and for that reason alone, I would consider going the rain check route, to see Bill at another time.

Rosa, just found out my son's fil has Covid--he just found out now. No more details, but he is an anti-vaxxer. Hope he is okay.
    It's definitely out there. Maybe a big party not a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Rosa, just found out my son's fil has Covid--he just found out now. No more details, but he is an anti-vaxxer. Hope he is okay.
    It's definitely out there. Maybe a big party not a great idea.
    Hope your son's fil recovers with no complications.

Rosa, your ongoing concerns are valid. I'm wondering if you are having this many concerns before the event, how enjoyable will the event be if you actually attend? If you do end up going, I hope you are all able to stay safe and avoid any illnesses.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I would pass.

If you don’t want to go why not have your sister take your mom.

Another vote for the rain check. As I suggested in another thread, maybe have someone set up a brief video call.
    It sounds like a logistical and health-compromising fiasco to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Another vote for the rain check. As I suggested in another thread, maybe have someone set up a brief video call.
    It sounds like a logistical and health-compromising fiasco to me.
    There will be others who have similar concerns, is a Facetime or Zoom option for all those who are unable to make it that you could suggest?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

So we decided not to attend. DH felt a bit more strongly about the matter than I realized, so that made it somewhat easier. Then as fate would have it, we needed to make an urgent care vet visit today, so we would have ended up cancelling anyway!
    (Ogden had dental cleaning and extractions on 11/22. He seemed to be recovering OK, but then he stopped eating and drinking, and was drooling profuse amounts of foul-smelling stuff. Vet gave him a shot for pain and an antibiotic shot and some fluids, and he seems to be back on track).

Regarding gatherings where anti-vax, anti-mask people gather: I can't help but think about the convention regarding using ivermectin for COVID treatment that was recently held in Florida. Seven attendees (so far) have recently tested positive for COVID.

Thread Information