Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: So Did Trump Cave? Is he weakened?

He's weakened by his plummeting poll showing, which is probably what turned the tide--that and the growing rebellion among TSA and air traffic controllers. We were this close to a shutdown of our airspace. Trump has never been known for his compassion, whether for disabled reporters, asylum seekers, or anyone else. His tone-deaf musings on government employees and their creditors was as thoughtful (and unintentionally hilarious) as it gets. Lately, he has been showing concern about apocryphal sex trafficking victims with painter's tape over their mouths--over, and over, and over, like it's a favorite fantasy of his.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    No he didn't. There is no danger of Roe vs Wade being overturned, although there is hope that the rights of the unborn may be taken seriously at some point and that is not specific to this administration. There is no danger of women losing birth control although there is some question of whether or not society owes every woman free birth control and that pre-dates this administration as well. Gay marriage is safe and doesn't seem to be on anyone's political radar. Transgender military issues do persist but I think that is a nuanced discussion point that everyone prefers to see in a straightforward way as if everyone has a right to a specific job or career path at public expense.

I'm interested in hearing real reason to feel threatened.
    You have made many statements here. Many people would disagree with all of them, including me. This is exactly the type of dismissal of women and their concerns that I was talking about. You make a blanket statement and back it up with nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Cellaneous View Post
    I'm not surprised that men haven't noticed any of this.
    I think a fair number of men have noticed this, especially in the younger generations.

Sorry Alan, not trying to attack but you dismissed everything I said.

You have made many statements here. Many people would disagree with all of them, including me. This is exactly the type of dismissal of women and their concerns that I was talking about.
    It was actually an attempt to counter broad statements by Rob and Terry, definitely not gender specific and I would not assume that all women agree with you either. Since when does disagreement equal dismissal?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

https://rewire.news/article/2019/01/...-lgbtq-people/

Within months of Donald Trump’s inauguration, the HHS had removed the “gender identity” language from its website and indicated an intent to stop enforcing gender identity discrimination complaints. By tasking its civil rights office with enforcement of this rule, HHS effectively says enshrining the right to refuse care is a civil rights matter—for the person denying the care, not the vulnerable patient.

https://www.businessinsider.com/stud...ontrol-2018-12

A startling new survey found that 26% of active-duty women are unable to access birth control while deployed.

All women do not agree with us. There are religious fanatics that are against abortion and BC no matter the circumstances.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    The attacks on abortion rights and access to birth control.

Allowing an accused sexual predator on the Supreme Court without an adequate investigation of the charges.

Trump's statement that women who get abortions should be charged as criminals. He backtracked, but he said it.

The state of Ohio wanting the death penalty for women who have abortions. (Hey, what about the man who made the woman pregnant? Shouldn't he get the death penalty as well?)

The ruling that California "crisis centers" that are really anti-abortion propaganda centers do not have to clearly state that they are anti-abortion.

The reaction of parents about their son's safety when the victims of sexual assaults start to be believed instead of dismissed. "I'm telling my son to never be alone with a girl. That's the only way he'll be safe from false accusations." False accusations, although they are not common, have been around for forever. What's changed is that now there is a better chance of the victim being believed. But we should worry more about the men who are accused, and not the victims?

The ease with which men deny the truth of a woman who has been sexually assaulted. It's just instant denial, or "she was asking for it." Otherwise intelligent, sensible men just have a weird blind spot on this.

The defense's questioning of Taylor Swift during her trial. Just Google it.

Recent court rulings that allow sexual predators to get off basically scot free. https://www.washingtonpost.com/educa...=.a98f5cad3193 https://wpde.com/news/local/no-jail-...n-myrtle-beach https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.2028d6fe7d51 Those are just the first three results that popped up when I Googled "rapist who didn't go to jail." There's lots more. These are convicted rapists. Who did not go to jail.

It's just an overall, pervasive atmosphere that women's rights are not important. That women are second class citizens. That men should control women's bodies. That government, both state and federal, is trying to limit our choices, limit our rights.

I'm not surprised that men haven't noticed any of this. None of this impinges on their day-to-day lives. But do not casually dismiss this just because you do not see it or understand it. Trust me, women are completely fed up with their concerns being dismissed by men because the men don't have the same concerns and therefore claim nothing is really wrong. If it's a reoccurring theme, if many, many women are saying this--go out on a limb. Believe the women.
    For women everywhere, all across this country, I feel the need to apologize for Donald J Trump, given that I am male also. I had no idea that Trump stated that women who have abortions should be charged as criminals. Unreal. Just nightmarishly unreal. Ladies, for what it's worth, I for one am sorry. He has no excuse and no call to make such a statement. Even it if it is religiously based (something I have a hard time seeing in this case), supposedly we enjoy freedom of religion in the US? So I was told in school? So why this statement, and why does Senor Trump not possess the street smarts to zip his lip and internally filter out such statements before they ever take place?

Once again, for what it's worth, ladies, I'm sorry this statement ever took place - and this means something coming from me, given my Men's Rights Activism. Trump went too damned far here and I have no problem seeing it and expressing it. Rob

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    You have made many statements here. Many people would disagree with all of them, including me. This is exactly the type of dismissal of women and their concerns that I was talking about. You make a blanket statement and back it up with nothing.
    Miss Cellaneous, for what it's worth (and I love the creativity of your screen name, btw), even as a Men's Rights Activist I see where you are coming from and I agree with you. I can see the dismissal of women you refer to in your post (and also of gay men in Alan's post). For what it's worth, I agree with you. Rob

Thread Information