Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oprah for President?

Oprah for President?

We appear to be just a big circus. Yes, Oprah would probably still be better than Trump......maybe.......maybe not. But it would still be another celebrity in the WH. What's with this country? How can we elect people on something other than their intelligence/knowledge about how the entire world turns politically, etc., etc.?
    Plus......just like Trump got voted in by a certain group of people, Oprah could have her own following of people that 'could' get her elected. It's just all craziness. I hope it dies down soon.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    At least she has a charity that supports education and programs for women and children. It is a private foundation that is not rated by charity navigator. Plus she has been on the cover of her magizine a zillion more times than Trump has been on Time.

personally I hope both parties can float Middle more moderate candidates. I am starting to hate the labels conservative and liberal like they are x rated scum of the earth. There have to be some people out there who are not corrupt, can make a good speech, are kind but fair, and will represent the people’s interest to the best of their ability.

Yes, I think Oprah has a sense of compassion and fairness........but political knowledge is still important........and hopefully not an "on-the-job" training thing. Plus......don't you think it would cause an even bigger swing in the pendulum.........a black+female president? I'm sure there are lots of Trump supports who would hate that. But yes, she is a good person. I fear the job would destroy her though.

I think the labels have gotten bad because of the inflexibilities of both parties on the ends of the continuum.

“Swing of the pendulum?” Ummm?

No. If she had an interest in politics, she should have done what most credible people (like Hillary Clinton) did, and get a little government experience in. She doesn't get a free pass because she's rich, even if her heart is in the right place.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    No. If she had an interest in politics, she should have done what most credible people (like Hillary Clinton) did, and get a little government experience in. She doesn't get a free pass because she's rich, even if her heart is in the right place.
    I agree. But Trump kinda got a free pass.......since so many of his fans showed up to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    “Swing of the pendulum?” Ummm?
    By that I mean that whenever someone goes to far in one direction, it causes the other side to go further too. And then there's no middle ground.

I would have to see where see stands on issues before voting for her.

She should just keep doing what she is doing, inspiring others and doing good things. She's much more productive and a much better influence outside of politics. I hope she never runs for office---I would hate to see and hear the ugliness that would emerge from that. She really doesn't deserve it.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    She should just keep doing what she is doing, inspiring others and doing good things. She's much more productive and a much better influence outside of politics. I hope she never runs for office---I would hate to see and hear the ugliness that would emerge from that. She really doesn't deserve it.
    I agree with this. Even though there is not a planet on which I could live to be voting for her for President of the United States, I will say that she has influence. Doing what she does now is her best path.

I think Operah is smart enough to know that, although surrounded by sycophants as she undoubtedly is would torque her head a little. No doubt there are legions of fangirls and fanboys who urge her to get into politics.

Hey , lets have her run for Mayor of
    Chicago and address their murder rate. Oprahize that city! That would be a good first step.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 1-9-18 at 10:10pm.

Thread Information